About workforce management
With workforce management, you can configure business units, management units, service goal templates, planning groups, activity codes and work plans. You can set up and build short-term forecasts. You can build blank or load-based schedules, manage real-time and historical adherence, view and manage intraday monitoring, and manage agent schedules and time off requests.
About workforce management
With workforce management, you can configure business units, management units, service goal templates, planning groups, set up activity codes, and manually create schedules. Additional licensing offers you access to a more robust feature set, including short-term forecasting, load-based schedule generation, historical and real-time adherence administration, and time off management.
Create and edit a business unit.
Create and edit a management unit, add agents, and set up activity codes.
Service goal templates
Create and manage service goal templates.
Understand how planning groups work, learn how to create and manage planning groups, and management units.
Add a work plan, including setting up weekly configuration, configuring daily shifts and shift activities, adding agents, and validating and saving the work plan.
- Work plans overview
- Add a work plan
- Set up the work plan’s weekly configuration
- Configure the work plan’s daily shifts
- Set up shift activities
- Add agents to the work plan
- Validate and save the work plan
- Copy or delete a work plan
- Manage a work plan’s weekly configuration
- Manage daily shift activities in a work plan
- Manage agents in a work plan
Work plan rotations
Create work plans that rotate and allow agents the opportunity to work all shifts and avoid monotonous weekly scheduling.
Work with short-term forecasts, navigate the short-term forecast editor, understand forecast metrics, learn how to add and manage forecasts and forecast modifications.
- Work with short-term forecasts
- Navigate the short-term forecast
- Short-term forecasting metrics
- Work with the short-term forecast editor
- Add a new short-term forecast
- View historical data for automatic best method forecasts
- Forecast modifications
- Add a forecast modification
- Manage a forecast modification
- View and manage short-term forecast source data
- Export a short-term forecast
Learn how to navigate the schedule editor and the actions available to help the workforce management administrator modify the schedule and analyze details.
Learn how to configure, manage, and view shift trades.
Time off requests
Learn how to create, manage, and synchronize time off requests.
- Work with time off requests
- Navigate the time off requests page
- Add a time off request
- Edit a time off request
- Approve a time off request
- Deny a time off request
- Filter and sort time off requests
- Add a full day off to an agent in the schedule
- Synchronize time off request
- About workforce management for agents
Compare the agent’s current status against scheduled work-time.
View and monitor the differences between what was originally forecast and what actually occurs in real time for the current day.
See how well agents have followed their schedules in the past.
Historical data import
Use historical data import to upload historical interaction data. Workforce management uses this data to generate forecasts using the Automatic Best Method option.
View an agent’s schedule
Agents can access their schedules from the agent dashboard, create and view time off requests, and see if they are out of adherence to the schedule.