Workforce management supported configuration
The following sections outline supported configuration and limits for workforce management dimensions.
Default activity codes
Built-in categories contain a default activity code of the same name. You cannot delete a built-in category, and you can edit, but not delete, the default activity code.
|Default activity code||Length in minutes||Counts as paid time||Counts as work time|
- A single organization can include up to 50 business units.
- The business unit name must contain at least one character and cannot be longer than 50 characters.
- Business units cannot have duplicate names.
- After you create the business unit, you can change the name but not the start day of the week.
- The forecasts list displays up to a maximum of 26 weeks prior and 26 weeks forward from the earlier of the current week or the last week in which a forecast exists. Use the search feature to find forecasts, including those outside the +/- 26-week window.
- Currently, workforce management forecasting and scheduling only supports inbound voice, chat, callbacks, email, and message media types in queues configured for standard ACD routing or predictive routing configured for skill matching. For more information, see Skill matching. Forecasting and scheduling does not support queues configured for bullseye routing.
- Scheduled callbacks, non-scheduled callbacks, and ACD voicemail media types appear as callbacks in forecasts and schedules.
The following limits are maximum sizes of items that have been designed and tested. While these limitations are not enforced, exceeding them results in performance degradation, timeouts, or other errors:
- Route groups (distinct set of queue + media type + language + skills): 250 per source or forecast day.
- Total offered interactions: 1,000 per 15-minute interval and 768,000 for a forecast week. Note: This calculation is based on a 24 x 8 week to allow for an eighth day and includes scheduling for overnight workers.
|Forecast||200||Yes||For more information, see Forecast modifications.|
- You can create schedules for one to six week intervals.
- The schedule name must contain at least one character and cannot be longer than 50 characters.
- The schedule description cannot be longer than 100 characters.
- A maximum of 26 previous schedules and 26 future schedules appear on the Schedules page. You can use search filters to view weeks outside this range.
- You cannot undo a schedule deletion.
|Forecast||8||Yes||For weighted historical index method.|
|Management unit||500||Yes||The system enforces a limit of 75,000 shift possibilities that any given shift could produce. The system calculates the number of shift possibilities by multiplying the number of possible shift start times by the number of possible activity start times for a specified shift. Because the system does not use the scheduling service to determine invalid start times, for example, overlaps or contiguous time constraints, it includes them in the count.|
- 5 possible shift start times (7:45, 8:00, 8:15, 8:30, and 8:45)
- 5 early break start time possibilities (+2:00, +2:15, +2:30, +2:45, and +3:00)
- 5 meal start time possibilities (+4:00, +4:15, +4:30, +4:45, and +5:00)
- 5 late break start time possibilities of (+5:00, +5:15, +5:30, +5:45, and +6:00)
The system calculates these instances as 5 x 5 x 5 x 5, or 625 possible shifts created from one shift in the work plan.
Assume you also have a self-training activity that could start every 15 minutes across the day, resulting in a possibility of 32 start times. This addition increases the number of possible shifts created from the shift to 20,000 (625 x 32).
|Work plan rotation||20||Yes||The system enforces a limit of 20 separate rotating positions in each work plan rotation.|