Workforce management supported configuration
The following sections outline supported configuration and limits for workforce management dimensions.
Default activity codes
Built-in categories contain a default activity code of the same name. You cannot delete a built-in category, and you can edit, but not delete, the default activity code.
|Default activity code||Length in minutes||Counts as paid time||Counts as work time|
- A single organization can include up to 50 business units.
- The business unit name must contain at least one character and cannot be longer than 50 characters.
- Business units cannot have duplicate names.
- After you create the business unit, you cannot change the start day of the week.
- After you create the business unit, you will be able to change the name.
- A maximum of 26 previous forecasts and 26 future short-term forecasts appear on the Forecasts page. Administrators can use search filters to view weeks outside this range.
- Currently, workforce management forecasting and scheduling only supports inbound voice, chat, callbacks, email, and message media types in queues configured for standard ACD routing. Forecasting and scheduling does not support queues configured for bullseye routing.
- Scheduled callbacks, non-scheduled callbacks, and ACD voicemail media types appear as callbacks in forecasts and schedules.
The following limits are maximum sizes of items that have been designed and tested. While these limitations are not enforced, exceeding them will result in performance degradation, timeouts, or other errors:
- Route groups (distinct set of queue + media type + language + skills): 250 per source or forecast day.
- Total offered interactions: 1,000 per 15-minute interval. 768,000 for a forecast week. Note: This calculation is based on a 24 x 8 week to allow for an eighth day to include scheduling for overnight workers.
- Schedules can be created for one- to six-week intervals.
- The schedule name must contain at least one character and cannot be longer than 50 characters.
- The schedule description cannot be longer than 100 characters.
- A maximum of 26 previous schedules and 26 future schedules appear on the Schedules page. Administrators can use search filters to view weeks outside this range.
- You cannot undo a schedule deletion.
|Forecast||8||Yes||For weighted historical index method.|
|Management unit||500||Yes||The system enforces a limit of 75,000 shift possibilities that any given shift could produce. The system calculates the number of shift possibilities by multiplying the number of possible shift start times by the number of possible activity start times for a specified shift. Because the system does not use the scheduling service to determine invalid start times (for example, overlaps, contiguous time constraints), the system includes them in the count.|
- 5 possible shift start times (e.g., 7:45, 8:00, 8:15, 8:30, and 8:45)
- 5 early break start time possibilities (e.g., +2:00, +2:15, +2:30, +2:45, and +3:00)
- 5 meal start time possibilities (+4:00, +4:15, +4:30, +4:45, and +5:00)
- 5 late break start time possibilities of (+5:00, +5:15, +5:30, +5:45, and +6:00)
The system calculates these instances as 5 x 5 x 5 x 5, or 625 possible shifts created from one shift in the work plan.
Assume you also have a self-training activity that could start every 15 minutes across the day, resulting in a possibility of 32 start times. This addition increases the number of possible shifts created from the shift to 20,000 (625 x 32).
|Work plan rotation||20||Yes||The system enforces a limit of 20 separate rotating positions in each work plan rotation.|