Work with agents in a management unit
The following permissions:
- Workforce Management > Management Unit > Add, Delete, Edit, and Search
- Workforce Management > Agent > Edit, and View
You can organize agents within the contact center into management units based on common planning period settings, adherence rules, time-off rules, and shift-trading rules. Agents that handle the same set of interactions should belong to the same business unit and can be spread across up to 10 different management units, if different management rules or permissions are required. If there are more than 1500 agents that require similar planning period, adherence, time-off, and shift trading rules, then they can be split across management units.
- When you move an agent from one management unit to another within the same business unit, the agent will still be visible within the same business unit schedule. After the agent moves to another management unit, any new adherence information exists under the new management unit. Historical adherence data will be visible in the new management unit historical adherence view. After the agent moves to another management unit, any new schedule and adherence information exists under the new management unit.
- When you move an agent from one management unit to another management unit in a different business unit, the schedule and adherence information remains with the original management unit and business unit. However, historical adherence is no longer visible in the original management unit. This process allows the supervisor to view the agent in the same spot on the schedule before they moved business and management units, for historical purposes. After the agent moves to another management unit, any new schedule and adherence information exist under the new management unit.
- Time off requests move with the agent to the new management unit. Time off requests are specific to agents, not management units, and should follow the agent with the move.
Before you begin, make sure that you select the appropriate management unit from the list, located in the upper right corner.
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Agents.
|Icon or column||Description|
|Add||Open the Add Agents dialog box and add one or more agents to a management unit.|
|Add Agents To Work Plan||Select listed agents, click the Add Agents To Work Plan button, choose a work plan, and add the agents to it.|
|Sync Changes||Update the currently associated planning groups associated to the agents in the management unit. Syncing changes also updates workforce management’s understanding of which agents to schedule with load-based by checking for the current Workforce Management > Agent Schedule > Utilize Load-Based permission on agent roles.|
|Export||Export the list of agents into a .csv file.|
|Refresh||Reload the page with the most updated version of the agent list.|
|Agent column||Lists agents currently part of the selected management unit.|
|Schedulable||Indicates whether the agent is available for scheduling.|
|Planning Groups||Lists the planning groups to which the agent belongs.|
|Queues||Lists the queues in which the agent belongs.|
|Languages||Lists the language skills, if any, assigned to the agent.|
|Skills||Lists the ACD skills, if any, assigned to the agent.|
|Work Plan||Lists the work plan to which the agent belongs.|
|Work Plan Rotation||Lists the work plan rotations, if any, assigned to the agent.|
|More||To remove an agent from the management unit, click this button and from the menu that appears, select Delete.|
For more information about agents in workforce management, see the tasks outlined in the following articles.
|Manage agents in a management unit||Add or remove up to 1000 agents to a single management unit.|
|Filter and sort workforce management items||Depending on your view, narrow or categorize workforce management items for search purposes.|