Series: Historical shrinkage
Historical shrinkage overview
- Workforce Management > Shrinkage > View permission
Historical shrinkage enables contact center managers and administrators to view the duration of planned and actual non-interacting time in the past and present. The process aggregates historical adherence and schedule data to compare both planned and actual activities that result in being away from agent interacting time. The reported data helps you to refine staffing requirements and generate schedules using platform-based data and insights. Consider the historical shrinkage view as a reporting view that tracks the scheduled time and the actual time recorded in agent schedules.
Total scheduled and actual shrinkage is calculated based on the following parameters:
- Total scheduled shrinkage as the:
- Number of hours scheduled for all activities categorized under shrinkage.
- Percentage of total scheduled activity category/total scheduled time.
- Shrinkage per category as the:
- Number of hours scheduled for each activity category categorized as shrinkage.
- Percentage of time schedule for an activity category/total scheduled time.
- Total actual shrinkage as the:
- Number of hours recorded for all presence states categorized as shrinkage + time-off activity paid hours.
- Percentage of total presence time categorized as shrinkage/Total logged in + time-off activity paid hours.
- Total shrinkage per category:
- Number of hours recorded for each presence state categorized as shrinkage + time-off activity paid hours.
- Percentage of presence time per state/total logged in/available time + time-off activity paid hours.