About outbound dialing
If you’re getting started with outbound dialing, it is helpful to download and print the PureCloud Outbound Dialing Planning Guide. This guide identifies information to have on-hand when configuring an outbound dialing campaign. The outbound dialing section of the contact center planning resources explains how outbound dialing affects agent organization and contact center operation.
Outbound dialing concepts
Dial phone lists automatically. Screen out answering machines, busy signals, and non-completed calls. Populate agent displays with information about the call, the customer, and your campaign goals. Collect information entered or updated by agents. View outbound dialing roles and permissions.
Monitor campaigns that are currently in an active state. The dashboard indicates each campaign’s dialing mode with statistics that help an outbound dialing administrator track dialing progress, connect rate, and other details.
Campaign Management page
Manage campaigns that tell the system whom, when, and how to contact a list of people. Specify which script agents see during campaign calls. Run campaigns singly or in sequence. Prevent campaigns from dialing numbers found in a do-not-call list. See Campaign management overview.
- Campaigns view
- Customize campaigns view columns
- Dialing modes
- Campaign properties by dialing mode
- Create new campaign
- Campaign editor
- Create a predictive dialing campaign
- Predictive dialing best practices
- Create a power dialing campaign
- Create a progressive campaign
- Create a preview campaign
- Place an outbound preview call
- Create an agentless campaign
- Callbacks in campaigns
- Edit an existing campaign
- Copy campaigns
- Start or pause a campaign
- Recycle a campaign
- Delete campaigns
- Sequences view
- Create a campaign sequence
- Turn a sequence on or off
- Edit a campaign sequence
- Copy a campaign sequence
- Delete campaign sequences
List Management page
Manage do-not-call and contact lists. Upload customer or prospect numbers to dial. Upload numbers never to dial. Limit contact attempts. Apply a contact list filter. Use automatic time zone mapping to determine compliant dialing times for contacts in a contact list. See List management overview.
Contact Lists tab
- Contact lists view
- Create a new contact list
- Create lists in CSV format
- Assign contact list to a campaign
- Edit a contact list entry
- Append records to a contact list
- Download contact list records
- Delete a contact list
Automatic time zone mapping feature
- Automatic time zone mapping overview
- Automatic time zone mapping examples
- Automatic time zone mapping preview
Contact List Filters tab
- Contact list filters view
- Create a new contact list filter
- Contact list filter conditions overview
- Edit a contact list filter
- Copy a contact list filter
- Delete a contact list filter
Do Not Call Lists tab
- Do not call lists view
- Create a new internal DNC list
- Assign DNC lists to a campaign
- Append records to an internal DNC list
- Edit a DNC entry
- Download DNC records
- Delete a DNC list
DNC scrubbing feature
- Use DNC scrubbing provided by Gryphon Networks Corporation
- Use DNC scrubbing provided by Contact Center Compliance Corporation
Attempt Controls tab
Callable Time Sets page
Manage when calls are placed by specifying when dialing can occur for particular time zones. See Callable time sets overview.
Call Analysis Responses page
Call analysis detects whether a live person or an answering machine answers a call. Tell the system what action to take for each type of call analysis result. Assign the resulting response table to a campaign. Afterward, the Edge device acts on each call analysis result in accordance with campaign settings. See Call analysis responses overview.
Rule Management page
Manage call rule and campaign rule sets. Rules evaluate conditions to determine whether to carry out actions. A call or a campaign can act based on logic in rule sets assigned to it. See Rule management overview.
- Add a call rule
- Date-time formats for call rules
- Test a contact column for empty, null, or zero values
- About pre-call rules
- About wrap-up rules
- Configure rule actions
- Create a set of call rules
- Edit a set of call rules
- Reorder rules in a set
- Copy a rule set
- Delete a rule set
- Campaign rules view
- Create campaign rules
Wrap-up Code Mappings page
Configure outbound dialing to flag a single number or an entire contact as uncallable based on the wrap-up code assigned after an interaction.
Search Audits page
Displays records about changes made so administrators can figure out who added, modified, or deleted an outbound configuration or data file and when they applied those changes.
Event Viewer page
Displays errors that have occurred with one or more of your running campaigns.
Outbound Settings page
Configure outbound campaign call settings that apply to all campaigns in your organization.
Script designers create instructions, called scripts, to help agents process interactions. Scripts display editable records and directions to each agent that handles a particular type of interaction. Scripts present agents with details about the caller or contact, often with fields for collecting or updating information. Properly designed scripts ensure consistent handling of interactions.