About outbound dialing
Reach out to prospects and customers by running outbound dialing and digital campaigns that contact lists of people in accordance with programmable rules.
If you’re getting started with outbound dialing, it is helpful to download and print the Genesys Cloud outbound dialing planning guide. This guide identifies information to have on-hand when configuring an outbound dialing campaign. The outbound dialing section of the contact center planning resources explains how outbound dialing affects agent organization and contact center operation.
Outbound dialing concepts
Dial phone lists automatically. Screen out answering machines, busy signals, and non-completed calls. Populate agent displays with information about the call, the customer, and your campaign goals. Collect information entered or updated by agents.
Displays campaigns that are currently in an active state. The dashboard indicates each campaign’s dialing mode with statistics that help an outbound dialing administrator track dialing progress, connect rate, and other details.
Campaign Management view – Campaigns tab
Define campaigns that tell the system whom, when, and how to contact a list of people. Specify which script agents see during campaign calls. Run campaigns singly or in sequence. Prevent campaigns from dialing numbers found in a do-not-call list. Campaign modes include preview, progressive, power, predictive, and agentless dialing modes, as well as a messaging mode.
- Campaign management overview
- Voice campaigns view
- Digital campaigns view
- Customize campaigns view columns
- Create an SMS campaign
- Create an SMS campaign with MMS
- Create an email campaign
- Create agentless email notifications
- Dialing modes
- Campaign properties by dialing mode
- Create new campaign
- Campaign editor
- Create a predictive dialing campaign
- Predictive dialing best practices
- Create a power dialing campaign
- Create a progressive campaign
- Create a preview campaign
- Create an external calling campaign
- Place an outbound preview call
- Create an agentless campaign
- Callbacks in campaigns
- Edit an existing campaign
- Copy campaigns
- Start or pause a campaign
- Recycle a campaign
- Delete campaigns
Campaign Management view – Sequences tab
Define a sequence of chained campaigns. Instead of starting and stopping campaigns one at a time, administrators start or stop the sequence.
Campaign Management view – Schedule tab
Execute outbound campaigns in accordance with a schedule. Each schedule entry defines a start and a stop time for a campaign or a sequence.
List Management view – Contact Lists tab
Manage do-not-call and contact lists. Upload customer or prospect numbers to dial. Upload numbers never to dial. Limit contact attempts. Apply a contact list filter. Use automatic time zone mapping to determine compliant dialing times for contacts in a contact list.
- List management overview
- Contact lists view
- Create a new contact list
- Create lists in CSV format
- Assign contact list to a campaign
- Edit a contact list entry
- Append records to a contact list
- Download contact list records
- Delete a contact list
- Automatic time zone mapping overview
- Automatic time zone mapping examples
- Automatic time zone mapping preview
List Management view – Contact List Filters tab
Select and dial only records that match your filter criteria.
List Management view – Do Not Contact Lists tab
Manage do-not-call (DNC) list entries. A DNC list is a data source of telephone numbers that a campaign should not dial.
- Do not contact lists view
- Create a new internal DNC list
- Create a new internal-custom DNC list
- Assign DNC lists to a campaign
- Append records to an internal DNC list
- Edit a DNC entry
- Download DNC records
- Delete a DNC list
- Use DNC scrubbing provided by Gryphon Networks Corporation
- Use DNC scrubbing provided by Contact Center Compliance Corporation
List Management view – Attempt Controls tab
Prevent a phone number or contact record from being dialed too often.
Contactable Time Sets view
Manage when calls are placed by specifying when dialing can occur for particular time zones.
Call Analysis Responses view
Call analysis detects whether a live person or an answering machine answers a call. Tell the system what action to take for each type of call analysis result. Assign the resulting response table to a campaign. Afterward, the Edge device acts on each call analysis result in accordance with campaign settings.
Rule Management view
Manage call rule and campaign rule sets. Rules evaluate conditions to determine whether to carry out actions. A call or a campaign can act based on logic in rule sets assigned to it.
- Rule management overview
- Add a rule
- Call analysis dispositions returned for Genesys Cloud Edge
- Date-time formats for call rules
- Test a contact column for empty, null, or zero values
- Pre-call rules for voice campaigns
- Wrap-up rules
- Pre-contact rules for digital campaigns
- Post-contact rules for digital campaigns
- Create a set of rules
- Configure rule actions
- Use a rule to evaluate information from a data action
- Use a digital rule to evaluate information from a data action
- Edit a set of rules
- Reorder rules in a set
- Copy a rule set
- Delete a rule set
- Campaign rules view
- Create campaign rules
Wrap-up Code Mappings view
Configure outbound dialing to flag a single number or an entire contact as uncallable based on the wrap-up code assigned after an interaction.
Search Audits view
Find out who added, modified, or deleted an outbound configuration or data file and when they applied those changes.
Event Viewer view
Examine errors that occurred with one or more of your running campaigns.
Outbound Settings view
Configure settings that apply to all campaigns in your organization.
Learn about scripts. Script designers create instructions, called scripts, to help agents process interactions. Scripts display editable records and directions to each agent that handles a particular type of interaction. Scripts present agents with details about the caller or contact, often with fields for collecting or updating information. Properly designed scripts ensure consistent handling of interactions.