About External Contacts
External Contacts is a comprehensive repository of data about your external organizations and contacts. You can see a streamlined view of all contact and organization data. You can also start a call, send an email, or visit a contact’s website directly from a contact’s record. And with custom fields you can personalize your contacts and organizations.
Learn about External Contacts
Learn how you can take advantage of, customize, and expand your repository of customer data. Custom fields for external organizations and contacts gives you the ability to create the fields to help you provide a personalized experience.
Interact with your contacts
During an interaction, an agent can review a contact’s interaction history to provide better customer service.
Business users and agents can call or transfer calls to external contacts.
Manage your contacts
Add your contacts to Genesys Cloud and manage information about them. You can create external contacts in the following ways:
- Salesforce CRM Sync
- CSV Upload
- External Contacts API
- On the profile panel in the agent desktop
- Within the Directory
- View your contacts
- Search for contacts or organizations
- Add a contact
- Delete a contact
- Edit a contact
- View a contact’s profile
- Contact Details page
- Explore a contact’s organization
- View the interaction history for a contact
- Perform a bulk import of contacts or organizations
- Work with data in the source .csv file
- Delete a contact
Manage notes for a contact
Notes help you track details about contacts.
Manage your organizations
Add your organizations to Genesys Cloud and manage information about them.
Manage relationships for an organization
Relationships capture the personal connections between members of your company and people at an external organization.
Manage notes for an organization
Notes help you track details about organizations.
Sync your Salesforce data
Configure an integration to sync changes automatically to Salesforce contacts, accounts, notes, and relationships with their corresponding records in Genesys Cloud.
- About the Salesforce External Contact Sync integration
- Set up a Salesforce External Contact Sync integration
- Deactivate a Salesforce External Contact Sync integration
- Reactivate a Salesforce External Contact Sync integration
- Delete a Salesforce External Contact Sync integration
- Salesforce field mappings
Perform a bulk import of contacts and organizations from a CSV file
To simplify the process of importing contacts and organizations, you can import them from a source CSV file.
Frequently asked questions about External Contacts and single customer view
Learn the answers to popular questions: