Perform a bulk import of external contacts and organizations
- The following permissions:
- External Contacts > External Entity > Import
- External Contacts > Contact > View
- A prepared .csv file.
- Click Directory > External Contacts.
- (Optional) To import external organizations, click the Organizations tab.
- Click Add .
- Click Bulk CSV Import.
- Click Drop .CSV files or choose files to upload and select your .csv file.
Alternatively, you can drag a .csv file to the button.Notes:
To format your file, use the sample .csv as a guide.
To import an external contact, you must include these fields: Contact Id, Contact First Name, and Contact Last Name.
To import an external organization, you must include these fields: Account Id and Account Name.
All other fields are optional.
All field names are case-sensitive.
Phone numbers must be in E164 format to sync call and SMS interactions with that phone numbers.
- Click Import.
- Genesys Cloud displays a confirmation when the upload completes.
- To verify the import, search External Contacts for any new or changed entries and compare them to the source .csv file.