Add a contact
The following permissions:
- externalContacts > contact > add
- externalContacts > contact > edit
External Contacts is a comprehensive repository of data about the people and businesses that your organization interacts with.
You can create external contacts in the following ways:
- Salesforce CRM Sync
- CSV Upload
- External Contacts API
- On the profile panel in the CX agent workspace
- Within the Directory, as follows:
- Click Directory > External Contacts.
- Click Add and then Contact.
- Type the contact’s name in the Contact Information form. The First and Last names are required fields. Other Contact Information fields are optional.
- (Optional) Search for and select the contact’s organization.Note: To associate a contact with an organization, add the organization first.
- (Optional) Type the contact’s email addresses (Work, Personal, Other).
- (Optional) To set up the contact’s phone numbers, do the following:
- In the Work, Cell, Home, and Other fields, add the respective telephone numbers.
Genesys recommends that you enter the full E.164 number. You can add non-E.164 numbers to any field, but they are not searchable. Genesys Cloud does not support extension-only numbers.
- To add a satellite phone number, enter before the number.
Genesys Cloud’s default country code is +1 for the United States; however, your admin can change that setting.
- To indicate whether a phone number accepts SMS messages, use the SMS enabled toggle.
- (Optional) To provide a link to additional information about the contact, in the Links section, next to External System, type the URL to an external system.
- (Optional) To add social media channel information, click create one?.
- (Optional) To add a mailing address, type the contact’s address.
- (Optional) Set the contact’s survey preferences.
- (Optional) To use custom fields, from the Contact Type list, click the contact type and complete the custom fields.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Manage notes.