Create a contact in the interactions panel
Create a profile for a new external contact without leaving the interaction. You can also create a contact from the Directory.
- From an open interaction, click Profile .
- Click Create New.
- In the contact window, type the contact information that you know. First name and Last name are required fields. All other fields are optional.Notes:
- To increase agent efficiency, when you click a phone field (Work, Home, Cell, Other), Genesys Cloud provides suggestions for phone numbers in voice interactions. Similarly, in email interactions when you click an email field (Work, Personal, Other), Genesys Cloud provides suggestions for email addresses.
Genesys Cloud’s default country code is +1 for the United States; however, your admin can change that setting.
- To indicate that a phone number accepts SMS messages, click click to enable SMS .
- To add a satellite phone number, enter before the number.
To add a non-E.164 number to the Other phone field, from the country flag list, click No country code .
- For incoming message interactions Genesys Cloud pulls messaging channel information into the contact record. You cannot edit this field during a transaction.
- (Optional) Set the contact’s survey preferences.
- Click Verify and save.
- To edit the new contact, enter contact information again and repeat step 5.