This article lists the features and functionality that Genesys has removed from Genesys Cloud or will deprecate in a future update. Development and support for each item discontinues on the designated removal date.
Click in the table below to learn more about each feature deprecation. Below the table, review the list of frequently asked questions.
Why does Genesys deprecate features and functionality?
Maintaining multiple versions of the same functionality impacts our ability to provide the most value to as many customers as possible. This practice would impact the following:
- Product Development — A new feature is typically done in a completely different way than the original feature it is replacing.
- Support and Documentation — We must provide support and documentation for two different versions of the same feature.
- Account Management — Account Managers/Enablement Leads need to establish which version of the feature an organization is using.
- Our bottom line — New feature development often requires buying new infrastructure hardware or software licenses, but we must maintain the old infrastructure or software to support customers using old functionality.
- CUSTOMERS — Efforts to support the original feature detract focus and resources from making the new feature as valuable as possible.
What happens when Genesys announces a deprecation?
When we announce a feature deprecation, we will no longer make enhancements or improvements to what is being deprecated. Our intention is to inform you as early as possible that we are making a change and to help you if you are impacted by that change.
What communication will Genesys give for deprecation?
We will notify you of the deprecation and any new functionality that may replace it using multiple channels: here in the Resource Center, email messaging for account owners and administrators who are impacted, and in-product messaging.
We understand that for many customers, switching to a new process is not a one-person job. Customers with an assigned Enablement Lead may receive a personalized communication from your account team in addition to the email and in-product notifications. This personalized communication may include emails with specific instructions, a phone call to discuss your upgrade process, or engagement with our internal teams to ensure that your essential processes are preserved when you make the switch.
How much notice will Genesys give for deprecations?
We take care to give ample notice of feature deprecation to give customers time to prepare if necessary. You will have at minimum of 90 days from the day we announce a deprecation before the feature or functionality is removed.
Is there a way I can keep the old feature or functionality?
No. Once the deprecation date is reached, the feature will be removed from our service.
To provide customers with the highest quality services possible, our platform must keep pace with evolving security, privacy, and regulatory requirements, as well as offer functionality that is simple and easy to use. That means our product must change with the times. When that happens, we will work hard to minimize the impact to your organization.