Export view data
The following permissions:
- Analytics > Data Export > All
- Analytics > Data Export > Publish (to export to email addresses)
- Analytics > Data Export > Schedule (to schedule exports)
- Reporting > customParticipantAttributes > view (to export custom participant attributes)
- Analytics > dataExportStaticLink > View
Note: If you have the Analytics > dataExportStaticLink > View permission and the export URL, you can download all static link exports. You can share the static link exports with users and third-party applications. The user’s export configuration dictates the control over data shared within a static link export.
Any prerequisites needed for the view you want to export. For more information, see each view’s article.
Export the data from selected views as a CSV file or a PDF report delivered to your inbox in Genesys Cloud. You can export all the data from a view or export only the data from selected columns. You can open the CSV files in spreadsheet software such as Excel, and you can open the PDF report in a PDF reader.
You can export data from the following views, including aggregate performance data for the detail views listed:
- Abandon Intervals Metrics view
- Agents Evaluation Summary view
- Agents Evaluation Detail view
- Agents Interactions Detail view
- Agents Performance Summary view
- Agents Performance Detail view
- Agents Status Summary view
- Agents Status Summary Detail view
- Agents Queues Detail view
- Agents Wrap-Up Detail view
- Agents Wrap-Up Interval Detail view
- Content Search view
- DNIS Performance view
- DNIS Performance Detail view
- Flow Outcomes Summary view
- Flow Outcomes Detail view
- Flow Outcomes Interval Detail view
- Flows Destinations view
- Flows Performance Summary view
- Flows Performance Detail view
- Interactions view
- My Performance view
- My Status view
- My Evaluations view
- Queues Interactions Detail view
- Queues Performance Summary view
- Queues Performance Detail view
- Scheduled Callbacks view
- Skills Performance view
- Surveys Detail view
- Surveys Summary view
- Wrap-Up Performance Summary view
- (Optional) Filter by date, queue, language, skills, or other interaction details. The export file uses these filters to export data. For more information about filtering data in a view, see the article for the view you want to export.
- Click Export . The Export pane opens.
- Change the name of the file or keep the default file name in the Enter file name field. The default file name includes the date and the name of the view. If you export data from the same view multiple times in one day, then all of those files have the same default name.
- To export only the columns shown in the view, select Selected Columns. The columns export in your preferred order, shown in the view.
- Agent Status Summary view only: Select one of the following options:
- Agent Log In – Log Out Details – Exports the agent’s login and log out activity.
- Agent Status Timeline Details – Exports the agent’s changes.
- Agent Status Duration Details – Exports the time the agent spent in each status.
- Agents Evaluation Summary view and Agents Evaluation Detail view only: Select one of the following options:
- Agent Evaluation Summary (default) – Exports the evaluation summary information of single or multiple agents.
- Agent Evaluation Detail – Exports the evaluation details of single or multiple agents selected. The evaluation details include Interaction Date/Time, Evaluation Date/Time, Evaluator, Media Type, Total Score, Critical Score, and Evaluation Form.
- Campaign Interactions Detail view only: Select one of the following options:
- Campaign Interactions Details (default) – Exports the interactions for the campaign based on the view that you have selected.
- Detailed Attempt History – Exports the details of each attempt of a campaign.
- To send a CSV file or a PDF report in an email, enter up to 10 email addresses, separated by a semicolon (;) or a comma (,). Note: To export to email addresses, make sure that you have the Analytics > Data Export > Publish permission. The limit for an email attachment export is 10MB.
- To choose how often you want an export to run, select Schedule export.
- Choose a Time period.
- Interval breakdown exports only: Select a Granularity according to the selected time period.
- Select a Recurrence for the export to run.
- Choose the options for your selections, such as Minutes past the hour, Day of week, Day of month, Day of quarter, Request time, Run on days, and Run on hours.Note: Selecting the Schedule export results in the automatic selection of the Selected Columns. Before clicking Schedule, verify that the columns to export appear in the preferred order. The day of the month is set to go up to 28 to ensure that the recurrence applies to all the months.
- (Optional) Click Generate Static Link to create a static link to an exported file in a centralized location. A third-party tool can access the file repeatedly. When an external tool downloads the file from the static link location, the most recent scheduled export downloads from the Genesys Cloud platform. When working with third-party applications that require a system account to download a static export, Genesys recommends that you create an OAuth client with permission to access static exports. For more information, see Generate static link. All export URLs are in the following locations:
- Inbox – On delivering a completed export to a user’s inbox and selecting a Generate Static Link, you can copy the static link. Open your inbox and select the Exports icon at the top of the page. Locate the export and expand the three-dot menu . Select the Copy Static Link option to copy the static link to your machine’s clipboard.
- Scheduled Exports view – On delivering a completed export to a user’s Scheduled Exports view and selecting a Generate Static Link, you can copy the static link. Select Preferences > Workplace > Scheduled Exports, click the three-dot menu associated with the static link that you want to copy, and click the copy link icon. Note: The copy link button gets disabled when the export is incomplete. After the exports first successful scheduled run, the copy link button will be available.
- Click Show Advanced Options.
- If the view contains a duration column, time values are in milliseconds. To format time values in HH:MM:SS.mmm, select Format Durations on the Export pane.
- The Include Custom Attributes option exports related participant data for conversations. The attribute data is only available for export on conversations processed by an overnight data pipeline.
- If you view the data as a group (View as group) of agents, queues, or DNIS numbers, then to include the group aggregate data for all the filters plus the individual data for each of the filters, in the Export pane, select Split Filters.
- To convert the time values in the export file from the time zone set on your computer to a different time zone, select a time zone option in the box for your export file. The scheduled export feature does not choose the time frame automatically.
- To set the locale for the data exported from a view, select the language in the locale box. The locale setting displays text, date, and time formats in the selected language.
- CSV export files only: To separate values, select the Comma (,) Delimiter or the Semicolon (;) Delimiter.
- Views with Split by Media Type only: To export the data by media types such as call, callback, chat, or email, enable the Split by Media Type check box.
- Views with Include Summary Row only: To add a row to the top of your export that includes the sum of all the numeric columns, enable the Include Summary Row check box.
- Views with Exclude Empty Rows only: To remove rows in the export file that do not have data, enable the Exclude Empty Rows check box.
- In the file format box, select CSV or PDF.
- Click Export. The file appears in your inbox.
In the inbox, you can see the status of your exports including a progress bar that shows the completion percentage of the export.
|Submitted||Genesys Cloud received your request for the export and creates the export.|
|In Progress||Genesys Cloud is creating your export.|
|Canceling||Genesys Cloud is in the process of canceling the export.|
|Canceled||Genesys Cloud canceled the export.|
|Error||An error occurred during the creation of the export.|
|Complete||The export is complete and you can download it.|
|Partial results||The export contains partial results and that you can download.|
Genesys Cloud completes exports in the order that you request it. To start another export, cancel a current long-running export.
- On the sidebar, click Inbox.
- In the Inbox pane, click Exports .
- Next to an in-progress export, click More .
- Click Cancel. Genesys Cloud starts the next export waiting to run.
- To clear the canceled export, click the X beside the export.
- On the sidebar, click Inbox .
- In the Inbox pane, click Exports .
- Beside the export you want to download, click Download. The system downloads the export to your computer’s Downloads folder.
- To delete the file, click More > Delete Export.
Note: When you delete a scheduled export, previously exported files for the schedule no longer appear in your inbox.
- To mark an export as read, click More > Mark as Read.
- To copy an Export ID, click More > Copy Export ID.
- To copy a static link, click More > Copy Static Link. For more information about how to copy the static link, see Generate static link.
Note: The Copy Static Link option appears only if you configure the option on the export.
Exports that run frequently or cover large data sets affect responsiveness for your entire organization. Exports are queued for processing in the order they are submitted, so when many exports are triggered at the same time, you might find that the exports are showing in the Inbox with a submitted status. Therefore, when creating exports configure them so that they give you the information to run your business effectively, but consider some of the following best practices to maximize performance.
Genesys Cloud does not have rules for when you can run exports because factors vary by organization: export responsiveness is a combination of view settings, time of day, and how busy the system is when exports run. To minimize export run time, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are my view filters overly broad? For example, am I running a "year to date" export every day? Am I running an export that has hundreds of users when I only care about a smaller number?
Best practice: Adjust export filters so that the export includes fewer agents, queues, interactions, or days. The less data in the export, the quicker it completes.
- Am I running my exports at the same time as other users?
Best practice: If possible, run exports during non-peak hours. For example, run daily, weekly, and monthly exports late at night or early in the morning. For hourly exports, we see that many users run right at the hour or a few minutes after, so choose non-peak times of day: 10 or 15 minutes before or after the hour.
- Do all my colleagues run this exact same export at the exact same time?
Best practice: Ask one user to run and distribute exports that the entire team uses.
- Am I asking for more data than I need?
Best practice: If you only need a subset of the total columns available, using Selected Columns speeds up your export time, especially for the agent views.
- Views that contain large datasets can take longer to generate and are unavailable to download immediately. These exports appear as in progress in the inbox, and after Genesys Cloud finishes creating them, are downloadable from the inbox.
- Genesys Cloud automatically deletes the exported file from your inbox 10 days after you create it.
- You can export up to 2,500 entities at a time in aggregate Performance views. Use primary filters to break down your export into separate export files. For example, you can filter the agents by Agent name, Role, Reports to, Location, Group, or Division.
- When you export via the View as group option in the aggregate detail views, you can only export up to 100 Queue IDs or 300 User IDs. If you exceed these limits, a warning message appears, preventing the export. When you export the file, to filter out the number of entities in your view, reduce the number of queues or user IDs in your group.
- The export file contains all the exported data available in the view with the following differences:
- The export contains all the rows for the view and not just the rows visible on the current page.
- The columns in the exported file remain constant even if you have hidden or rearranged the columns in the view. When you select Selected Columns, only the columns shown in the view get exported in the order that you prefer.
- If you use filters, such as skill or language, then the exported file’s filter column lists which filters you used. If you did not use filters, then the filter column remains empty.
- The export displays time values in milliseconds.
- Views display time values in minutes and seconds. When exporting views with a duration column, the time values are in milliseconds. If you want time values formatted in HH:MM:SS.mmm, select the Format Durations (HH:MM:SS) option on the Export pane.
- The export displays percentage values as decimals, while the views display them as whole numbers. For example, the export displays 0.8 for 80 percent.
- If the view shows the current interval, then the Interval Complete column in the export says FALSE.
- Exporting from the Interactions view has restrictions when exporting newer conversations. When you use the filtering by date option to export recent conversations and if the number of conversations per 12-hour period exceeds the preset limit, the export file has only partial results. The export file includes a partial result date and time indicating the most recent available conversations. If you need the recent conversations, apply filters to the search criteria such that the total conversations queried are below the preset limit. For more information about platform limits, see Genesys Cloud Platform Limit API.
- The Interactions views’ export file contains two more columns: Full Export Completed, and Partial Result Timestamp. For more information about these columns, see Interactions view, Agents Interactions Detail view, and Queues Interactions Detail view.
- The Interactions views’ export file contains a Wrap-up Notes column that includes agent after-call work notes.
- You cannot export several columns for certain views in CSV files or PDF reports. For more information, see Available Columns in Agents Status Summary view and Agents Performance Summary view.