Series: Set up groups
Configure a group phone number
- Admin default role
- Edge version 22.214.171.12486 or later
- Communicate license
To allow a group to receive phone calls, set up a PureCloud group phone number. When a caller dials the group number, PureCloud uses the designated routing type to connect the caller with the appropriate agent.
About group calls
- To receive group ring alerts, group members need a DID number or extension assigned to them. For more information about how to assign a number to a user, see DID assignments or Extension assignments.
- Only official members of the group receive group ring calls. Official members of a group are PureCloud users whom an administrator adds to the group.
- To receive group ring calls, you must add the owner of a group as a member.
- PureCloud does not alert group members who have call forwarding enabled. It also does not alert members whose presence is Busy, Break, Meeting, Training, Meal, Offline, or Out of Office. Group members can see missed group calls in their call history.
To set the group phone number
- Click Admin.
- Under Directory, click Groups.
- Click the name of the group that you want to edit.
- Click Enable Calls and then click Edit.
- In the Group Phone Number box, type the phone number for the group.
- In the Extension box, type the extension for the group.
- To add a member to the group, click the Members tab and Add Member. Begin typing the person’s name and select the name when it appears in the list.
- To remove a member from the group, click Remove beside the person’s name.
- From the Call Route Type list, click one of the following options:
When a group receives a call, PureCloud alerts 15 randomly selected members simultaneously with a maximum of 1,000 members in rotation. If no member answers, PureCloud continues to alert members in groups of 15 until someone answers, it has alerted all members, or the call times out.
When a group receives a call, PureCloud alerts the first person in the list of group members. Use the check boxes to designate the sequence of the members. The member you designate as 1 receives all calls first. To save the sequence, press Enter and then click Save.
When a group receives a call, PureCloud alerts the next person in the list of group members after the person who received the last call.
- In the Rotate Calls box, type the number of seconds after which PureCloud calls the next set of 15 randomly selected group members.
- PureCloud uses a group member’s presence to determine if they are available to receive calls.
- There is no way to guarantee which group members receive calls. However, PureCloud does not reselect a group member who received a call in an earlier rotation.
- In the Stop Ringing box, type the total number of rotations to occur before PureCloud ends the call or transfers it to voicemail.
- PureCloud dynamically calculates the max ring time and displays it under the fields.
- If there is not another set of users to ring before reaching the full number of rotations, the call rolls to voicemail or disconnects. For example, if the number of rotations is 10, but there are only 30 available group members, then only two rotations occur. Then the call either rolls to voicemail or disconnects.
- The max ring time that appears below these fields helps you determine the values of the Rotate Calls and Stop Ringing fields. However, it does not necessarily represent how long calls to the group actually ring, which depends on the number of available group members. Group members are available to take calls based on their presence.
- To designate a back-up group, under Overflow, enable Back-up Contact. Then type the first few letters of the group name in the box and select the group when it appears.
Note: If PureCloud routes a call to the back-up group, it distributes the call as a broadcast call. It does not follow any of the group’s other pre-defined call handling rules, ensuring that someone answers as quickly as possible. Calls roll to voicemail if you have enabled it and no one in the back-up group answers. If the original group does not have voicemail configured, then the call disconnects.
- To enable voicemail for the group, under Overflow, enable Voicemail.
After the maximum number of rotations occurs, when enabled, PureCloud automatically rolls the call to voicemail. When not enabled, PureCloud automatically disconnects the call.Notes:
- Official group members can check group voicemails through their existing inbox. For more information, see Check voicemail.
- When a group member acts on a group voicemail, it affects all group members. For example, after a group member listens to a group voicemail, it is no longer a new voicemail. While it remains in the group voicemail box, other group members do not hear the message that indicates that a new message is available. Likewise, if a group member deletes a group voicemail, then no other group member can access it.
- When you turn on voicemail, PureCloud enables a default greeting. To use a custom greeting, do one of the following things:
- To record a custom greeting, click the red circle and begin speaking. To stop recording, click Stop . To listen to your recording, Play .
- To upload an audio file, click Options. Then click Upload an audio file and select the audio file to upload. Click Open.
Note: You can upload only .ogg files.
- To reset a custom greeting to the default greeting, click Options. Then click Reset to default.
- To send all group members an email notification when a new voicemail arrives in the group’s voicemail box, enable Email Notification.
- To exclude a group owner from receiving email notifications, above the group image, click Edit . Then click Edit General Information, and clear the Include owners option.
- If your organization is HIPAA-compliant, then this option is unavailable.
- Click Save.
The group phone number appears in the group contact information.