Series: Set up groups
Create a group
- Directory > Group Add permission
If you have a non-admin role with Group permissions, see Create groups (non-admins).
You can create membership rules based on profile data like department or skill. To create a membership rule based on profile data, make sure that your users have the appropriate data in their profiles. For more information, see Group membership rules.
- Click Admin.
- Under Directory, click Groups.
- Click Add Group.
- In the Name box, type the name as you want it to appear in profiles and search results.
- From the Type list, select one of the following:
- Official: The group is work-related.
- Social: The group is not work-related.
- From the Visibility list, select who can find the group:
- Public: Anyone can find the group.
- Members Only: Only members of the group can find the group. Note: An owner is a member of a group that they own and can find the group.
- Owners Only: Only owners of the group can find the group.
- Click Save.
- Groups and chat rooms are similar, but they are not the same.
- When you create a group, Genesys Cloud simultaneously creates an associated chat room with the same name.
- When you delete a group, Genesys Cloud does not delete the associated chat room. Instead, it places the associated chat room in Recently Closed.
- You cannot delete a Genesys Cloud chat room. Recently Closed always lists the last 20 items you closed.
- A user can be a member of up to 100 official and 100 social groups.
- Genesys recommends that you limit the number of groups per org to 500.