Series: Set up groups
Create a group
- General > Group Administration permission
If you have a non-admin role with Group permissions, see Create groups (non-admins).
You can create membership rules based on profile data like department or skill. To create a membership rule based on profile data, make sure that your users have the appropriate data in their profiles. For more information, see Group membership rules.
- Click Admin.
- Under Directory, click Groups.
- Click Add Group.
- In the Name box, type the name as you want it to appear in profiles and search results.
- From the Type list, select one of the following:
- Official: The group is work-related.
- Social: The group is not work-related.
- In the Visibility list, select who can find the group:
- Public: Anyone can find the group.
- Members Only: Only members of the group can find the group.
- Owners Only: Only owners and members of the group can find the group.
- Click Save.
Groups and chat rooms are similar, but they are not the same.
When you create a group, PureCloud simultaneously creates an associated chat room with the same name.
When you delete a group, PureCloud does not delete the associated chat room. Instead, it places the associated chat room in Recently Closed.
You cannot delete a PureCloud chat room. Recently Closed always lists the last 20 items you closed.