Series: Set up groups
Create a group
- admin role
If you have a non-admin role with Group permissions, see Create groups (non-admins).
To create a membership rule based on profile data (department or skill, for example), make sure your users have the appropriate data in their profiles. For more information, see Group membership rules.
- Click Admin.
- Under Directory, click Groups.
- Click Add Group.
- In the Name box, the name as it will appear in profiles and search results.
- In the Type list, select one of the following:
- Distribution Group — The group is used with the Microsoft Exchange Connector. When the membership of this group changes in PureCloud, the corresponding Exchange distribution list is automatically updated.
- Official — The group is work-related (people on the same project team, people with the same skill).
- Social — The group is not work-related (people who play ping pong, people participating in the same charity event).
- In the Visibility list, select who should see the group:
- Public — Any PureCloud user
- Members Only — Only members of the group
- Owners Only — Only owners of the group
- Click Save.
Groups and chat rooms are similar, but they are not the same.
When you create a group, PureCloud simultaneously creates an associated chat room with the same name.
When you delete a group, PureCloud does not delete the associated chat room. Instead, it places the associated chat room in Recently Closed.
You cannot delete a PureCloud chat room. Recently Closed always lists the last 20 items you closed.