Work with message interactions
- PureCloud 3 license
- Conversation > Message > Create permission
Message interactions enable a customer to begin a text conversation with an agent. Both agents and customers can see the text that the other party enters.
Depending on organization and queue settings, an agent can receive multiple message interactions at the same time or messages while handling other interactions. For more information about handling multiple types of interactions at the same time, see Manage multiple interactions.
PureCloud uses automatic call distribution (ACD) to route message interactions to agents in queues. PureCloud routes message interactions to agents based on a queue’s evaluation and routing methods. For example, PureCloud could route a message to a specific agent based on several criteria:
- The agent speaks the same language as the customer.
- The agent has a particular skill.
- The agent is the next available agent.
- Accept and respond to a message interaction
- Accept and respond to an SMS message interaction
- Send an emoji in a message interaction
- Transfer a message interaction
- Discard a message interaction