Work with message interactions
- Genesys Cloud 3 license
- Conversation > Message > Create permission
Message interactions enable a customer to begin a text conversation with an agent. Both agents and customers can see the text that the other party enters.
Depending on organization and queue settings, an agent can receive multiple message interactions at the same time or messages while handling other interactions. For more information about handling multiple types of interactions at the same time, see Manage multiple interactions.
Genesys Cloud uses automatic call distribution (ACD) to route message interactions to agents in queues. Genesys Cloud routes message interactions to agents based on a queue’s evaluation and routing methods. For example, Genesys Cloud could route a message to a specific agent based on several criteria:
- The agent speaks the same language as the customer.
- The agent has a particular skill.
- The agent is the next available agent.
Using specific messaging channels
When you receive a message through the Genesys Cloud for Facebook Messenger integration, you must respond to messages from Facebook Messenger within seven days. After seven days, any messages you attempt to send in response will result in an error and not be delivered.
You must respond to an inbound message from WhatsApp within 24 hours. After 24 hours, you must use a template message to respond to the interaction.
- Accept and respond to a message interaction
- Accept and respond to an SMS message interaction
- Send an emoji in a message interaction
- Transfer a message interaction
- Discard a message interaction
- Send an outbound message on behalf of a queue
- Download non-voice interaction recordings