Accept and respond to a message interaction
- Conversation > Message > Create permission
- Log in as an agent and go on queue. The Interactions panel opens and new messages appear in the Active Interactions list.
- To begin a message interaction, click Answer.
Note: The icon beside the interaction clock indicates the interaction’s messaging channel. When you answer an interaction, the channel icon also appears above the conversation window. If the inbound message is from WhatsApp, you must answer it within 24 hours. After 24 hours, any messages you attempt to send in response will result in an error and will not be delivered.
- Type your response to the incoming message.Your response can contain up to 2,000 characters, can include emojis and, if the interaction is coming from LINE, can include stickers. Attached images must be in .jpg, .png, or .gif format.Note: Receiving inbound animated gifs and stickers is not supported for some messaging channels.
- To send your message, press Enter.Note: Genesys Cloud confirms a successful message delivery with a . If message delivery fails, Genesys Cloud displays a warning to inform you of a delivery error.
- To continue the conversation, repeat steps 3–4 as needed.
- To end the conversation, click End Messages.
- Complete any required after call work.
Note: When an agent declines or does not answer an interaction within a certain amount of time, Genesys Cloud places the agent into Not Responding status. While Not Responding, the agent does not receive new interactions. Declined or not answered interactions reenter the queue.