Accept and respond to an SMS message interaction
- PureCloud 3 license
- Conversation > Message > Create permission
- Log in as an agent and go on queue. The Interactions panel opens and new messages appear in the Active Interactions list.
- To begin a message interaction, click Answer.
Note: For important information about MMS and group SMS messages, see FAQs: ACD messages.
- Type your response to the incoming message.Your response can contain up to 160 single-byte characters and can include emojis. The counter shows the remaining characters based on the character set you are using.Note: For important information about messaging character limits, see FAQ: Is there a character limit for SMS messages? and FAQ: How does PureCloud handle messages with unicode characters?.
- To send your message, press Enter.
- To continue the conversation, repeat steps 3–4 as needed.
- To end the conversation, click End Messages.
- Complete any required after call work.
Note: When an agent declines or does not answer an interaction within a certain amount of time, PureCloud places the agent into Not Responding status. While Not Responding, the agent does not receive new interactions. Declined or not answered interactions reenter the queue.