Accept and respond to an SMS message interaction
- Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Add-on II, Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 2 Digital, Genesys Cloud CX 3, or Genesys Cloud CX 3 Digital license
- Conversation > Message > Create permission
- Log in as an agent and go on queue. The Interactions panel opens and new messages appear in the Active Interactions list.
- To begin a message interaction, click Answer.
Agents can receive inbound and outbound MMS messages and can view .jpg, .png, and .gif media. Genesys Cloud does not display other media and notifies agents that the message has no content. For more information about group SMS messages, see FAQs: ACD messages.
If your admin enables auto answer for SMS interactions, then to alert you of a new SMS interaction, Genesys Cloud plays a short audible alert. For more information, see Create and configure queues.
- Type your response to the incoming message. Your response can contain up to 160 single-byte characters and can include emojis. The counter shows the remaining characters based on the character set you are using.Note: For more information about messaging character limits, see FAQ: Is there a character limit for SMS messages? and FAQ: How does Genesys Cloud handle messages with Unicode characters?.
- To send your message, press Enter.
- To continue the conversation, repeat steps 3–4 as needed.
- To end the conversation, click End Messages.
- Complete any required after contact work.
Note: When you decline or fail to answer an interaction within a certain amount of time, Genesys Cloud places you into Not Responding status. While Not Responding, you do not receive new interactions. Declined or not answered interactions reenter the queue.