Understand the interaction overview
The interaction overview is a visual representation of the interaction that includes a variety of information. At a glance and with a variety of controls, agents and supervisors can:
- Review the entire interaction or parts of the interaction.
- View information about external (customer) and internal (IVR, ACD, agent, conference or voicemail) participants as well as information about the type of interaction.
- View information about the start time, end time and duration of the interaction.
- Control playback, the volume of the interaction (by channel) and playback speed to review the interaction, conduct evaluations, and initiate coaching.
- Recognize interaction dynamics (for example, silence times, long hold periods, and so on) on the waveform.
- Determine customer sentiment and the customer sentiment over the course of the interaction to identify customer satisfaction and agent quality assurance issues.
- Automatically identify topics associated with a specific business issue to provide analytics about the customers motivation and goal.
- Perform live monitoring of an agent’s audio to simplify real-time assistance, and improve coaching and efficiency.
- General information – Refer to the top of the interaction overview for general information such as start time, duration, and end time.
- Waveform – The waveform includes a recording timeline, a graphic representation of the audio in the recording, speaker identification (Customer, IVR, ACD, agent, conference or voicemail), and displays various markers such as, annotations, secure pause and customer sentiment markers.
- Progress bar – Use the progress bar to get an overall impression about the entire interaction. The progress bar is a representation of the entire interaction from beginning to end.
- Play controls – Use the play controls to
- Play, pause, and stop the interaction
- Adjust overall volume control and per channel volume control
- Play the previous or next recording associated with the existing interaction
- Control the playback speed
- Participant information – From the interaction overview you can easily see details about the external (the customer) participant and the internal (IVR, ACD, Agent, Conference, or Voicemail) participant, including name and contact details if available.
- Copy link – Enables you to copy the interaction URL.
- Copy contact – Enables you to copy the external participant’s phone number.
- Annotate – Use the Annotate option to mark a point (with comments) in the recording for future reference.
- Live monitor – Use the live monitor option to listen to an interaction that is in progress (real-time) to coach the agent without disturbing the agent and customer conversation.
- Sentiment analysis – View the sentiment markers on the waveform to identify where the customer expressed a positive or negative sentiment. For more information, see Work with sentiment analysis.
- Topics – View the topic markers on the waveform to identify where specific phrases were found during the interaction. For more information, see Work with a topic.
- Overall customer sentiment – Located on the left side of the interaction overview at the bottom of the External participant section, the overall sentiment represents the customer’s overall sentiment from -100 to +100. This score weighs all positive and negative markers at the end of the interaction to provide an indication of how the customer experienced their interaction with the contact center. This can indicate if the customer was left satisfied or dissatisfied at the end of their interaction.
The image below represents a typical view of an audio interaction being played in the interaction overview.
Click the image to enlarge.