Work with web chat interactions
The following permissions:
- Routing > Agent > Onqueue
- Routing > Queue > Join
- Routing > Queue > Search
- Routing > Queue > View
Web chat interactions enable a customer to begin a text conversation with an agent, similar to an instant message, SMS text message, or chat room experience. Both agents and customers can see the text that the other party enters. Depending on organization and queue settings, an agent can receive multiple chats at the same time or chats while handling other interactions. For more information about handling multiple types of interactions at the same time, see Manage multiple interactions.
Genesys Cloud uses automatic call distribution (ACD) to route chat interactions to agents in queues. Genesys Cloud routes chats to agents based on a queue’s evaluation and routing methods. For example, Genesys Cloud could route a chat to a specific agent based on several criteria:
- The agent speaks the same language as the customer.
- The agent has a particular skill.
- The agent is the next available agent.
- Genesys Cloud disconnects web chat interactions that have been idle for more than 15 minutes.
- During chat interactions, agents can find and send canned responses and use a script to guide them through the interactions. Scripts prompt the agent to ask questions or allow them to update contact information. To request help from a supervisor during a chat interaction, agents can use Agent assistance.
- Accept a chat
- View and verify a contact’s profile
- Respond to a chat
- Add a canned response to a chat message
- Transfer a chat
- End a chat
- View interaction details for a chat interaction
- Download non-voice interaction recordings
- View interaction history for a contact
- View interaction history for an organization