Work with email interactions
The following permissions:
- Conversation > Email > Create
- Routing > Agent > OnQueue
- Routing > Queue > Join
- Routing > Queue > Search
- Routing > Queue > View
Email interactions enable agents to receive and reply to customer email messages. Depending on organization and queue settings, an agent can receive multiple email messages at the same time or email messages while handling other interactions. For more information about handling multiple types of interactions at the same time, see Manage multiple interactions.
Genesys Cloud uses automatic call distribution (ACD) to route email interactions to agents in queues. Genesys Cloud routes email messages to agents based on a queue’s evaluation and routing methods. For example, Genesys Cloud routes an email message to an agent for any of the following reasons:
- The agent speaks the same language as the customer.
- The agent has particular skills.
- The agent is the next available agent.
- Accept an email message
- View and verify a contact’s profile
- View inline images
- Reply to an email message
- Format text in an email message
- Attach a file to an email message
- Use canned responses in an email message
- Add email addresses to the To, Cc, and Bcc fields
- Transfer an email message
- Discard an email message
- Download non-voice interaction recordings
- View interaction history for a contact
- View interaction history for an organization
- Create a contact in the interactions panel