Work with workforce management schedules
The following permissions:
- Workforce Management > Published Schedule > View
- Workforce Management > Schedule > Add, Delete, Generate, and View
Workforce management provides two methods of schedule creation:
- Generate a load-based schedule. Load-based schedules use the scheduling engine to determine the best way to meet the needs in the forecast. The process uses the constraints that come from work plans and the agents in those work plans.
- Create a blank schedule. Blank schedules rely on the administrator to add agents, create shifts, and configure schedule parameters.
When you open the current week’s schedule, the system defaults to the schedule’s current day view (the day you open the view), and not the schedule’s first day of the week. Create schedules from Admin > Workforce Management > Schedules. Before you choose a schedule to manage, select the appropriate management unit from the Management Unit list, located in the upper-right corner.
- When you move an agent from one management unit to another within the same business unit, the agent will still be visible within the same business unit schedule. After the agent moves to another management unit, any new adherence information exists under the new management unit. Historical adherence data will be visible in the new management unit historical adherence view. After the agent moves to another management unit, any new schedule and adherence information exists under the new management unit.
- When you move an agent from one management unit to another management unit in a different business unit, the schedule and adherence information remains with the original management unit and business unit. However, historical adherence is no longer visible in the original management unit. This process allows the supervisor to view the agent in the same spot on the schedule before they moved business and management units, for historical purposes. After the agent moves to another management unit, any new schedule and adherence information exist under the new management unit.
- Time off requests move with the agent to the new management unit. Time off requests are specific to agents, not management units, and should follow the agent with the move.
View from a different time zone
By default, this view uses the business unit’s time zone. Users with administrator permissions can change the displayed time zone by selecting from the list in the upper right corner of the view. This option is helpful for administrators who access the view from a different time zone.
Audit historical schedule changes
The audit log viewer enables you to view changes to a workforce management schedule and the date that those changes occurred. Currently, you can access the audit log viewer from the footer on each Genesys Cloud Admin page. In workforce management, the audit log viewer displays schedules IDs and the action taken; for example, added, published, updated, or deleted.
A future release will allow users to access the audit log viewer on specific workforce management pages. Information in that release will also include the user who modified the schedule, the schedule name, and agents affected by the change. For more information, see About the audit log viewer.
|Status||The current state of the last load-based schedule generation (Completed, Canceled, Failed), or an estimate of how much of the schedule generation is complete.|
|Start Date||The date the load-based schedule will begin.|
|Generation Start Time||The date and time the schedule was generated.|
|Completion Time||The date and time the schedule generation was completed.|
|Description||The description of the schedule, if the administrator added it.|
|Generation Started By||The name of the administrator that generated the schedule.|
|Generation Results||Click to open a list of warnings compiled from the schedule generation.|
The Schedules list displays a maximum of 26 weeks prior and 26 weeks forward from the earlier of the current week or the last week in which a schedule exists. Use the search feature to find schedules, including those outside of the +/- 26-week window.
Open the Generate Schedule dialog box and choose the schedule start week, the number of weeks for the schedule (1-6) and the corresponding forecast to generate.
Note: The schedule period must fall within the forecast period in order for the forecast to be available to generate a schedule (for example, a six week schedule must align with a six week forecast. A four week schedule must fall within a four, five, or six week forecast).
|Add||Create a new blank schedule not associated with a short-term forecast.|
Each column contains a search text box or a list of options by which to filter the items. Depending on your view, locate the category by which you want to filter and do one of the following:
|Refresh||Refresh the list of displayed schedules.|
|Start Date||Open a schedule.|
|Published||Indicates whether the schedule is published.|
|Date Modified||The last date and time the schedule was modified.|
|Modified By||The name of the person who last modified the schedule.|
|Description||Descriptive information about the schedule, if entered.|
|Generation Results||Displays generation warnings for the selected schedule.|
|Short-Term Forecast||The short-term forecast associated with the schedule.|
|Delete all selected||When you select one or more schedules, the Delete all selected option appears. Click it to remove the schedules.|
|More||Click this button and from the menu that appears, select Show/Hide Columns or Reset Defaults. These options allow you to add or hide more columns, or reset the view to default settings.|
|Navigate the schedule editor||Learn about the options and views available in the schedule editor.|
|Generate a load-based schedule||Generate a schedule from a short-term forecast and add agents to it.|
|Add a schedule||Generate a blank schedule for a specific week and add agents to it.|
|Edit a schedule||Perform various tasks related to the selected schedule.|
|Copy a schedule||Create an identical copy of an existing schedule, and optionally make more modifications.|
|Publish the schedule||Publish the schedule and optionally add informational details.|
|View the agent schedule||Learn how agents access and view their schedules in the Agent dashboard.|
|Delete a schedule||Permanently remove a schedule from the list. You cannot undo this action.|