Work with workforce management schedules
The following permissions:
- Genesys Cloud CX 1 WEM Add-on II, Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 2 WEM Add-on I, Genesys Cloud CX 3, or Genesys Cloud EX license
- Workforce Management > Published Schedule > View
- Workforce Management > Schedule > Add, Delete, Generate, and View
The following prerequisites for work teams:
- If your Groups > Work team permission is for all work teams (non-conditional), you can select any work team in the selected management unit.
- If your Groups > Work team permission is limited to specific work teams (conditional), you can select only your permitted work teams that are in the selected management unit. If you don’t have access to any work teams in the selected management unit, the Select a work team list is empty.
- If you do not have any of the Groups > Work team permissions, you cannot select work teams in the workforce management schedule view. The Select a work team list does not appear.
To navigate to the Schedules view, perform one of the following steps:
- In the Admin > Workforce Management, select Schedules.
- From the workforce management menu in the left pane, under Scheduling, click Schedules. Click the image to enlarge.
Workforce management provides three methods of schedule creation:
- Create schedule with forecast. These load-based schedules use the scheduling engine to determine the best way to meet the needs in the forecast. The process uses the constraints that come from work plans and the agents in those work plans.
- Create schedule without forecast. These schedules create a blank schedule for expected shift patterns when no forecast is available. This method improves the scheduling algorithm by using the shortest, median, longest, or staggered time span for the selected shift length; and the earliest, median, latest, or staggered start times for flexible shifts.
- Create a blank schedule. Blank schedules rely on the administrator to add agents, create shifts, and configure schedule parameters.
When you open the current week’s schedule, the system defaults to the schedule’s current day view (the day you open the view), and not the schedule’s first day of the week. Create schedules from Admin > Workforce Management > Schedules. Before you choose a schedule to manage, select the appropriate management unit from the Management Unit list, located in the upper-right corner.
- When you move an agent from one management unit to another within the same business unit, the agent will still be visible within the same business unit schedule. After the agent moves to another management unit, any new adherence information exists under the new management unit. Historical adherence data will be visible in the new management unit historical adherence view. After the agent moves to another management unit, any new schedule and adherence information exists under the new management unit.
- When you move an agent from one management unit to another management unit in a different business unit, the schedule and adherence information remains with the original management unit and business unit. However, historical adherence is no longer visible in the original management unit. This process allows the supervisor to view the agent in the same spot on the schedule before they moved business and management units, for historical purposes. After the agent moves to another management unit, any new schedule and adherence information exist under the new management unit.
- Time-off requests move with the agent to the new management unit. Time-off requests are specific to agents, not management units, and should follow the agent with the move.
View from a different time zone
By default, this view uses the business unit’s time zone. Users with administrator permissions can change the displayed time zone by selecting from the list in the upper right corner of the view. This option is helpful for administrators who access the view from a different time zone.
View workforce management schedules for a work team
Supervisors can use work teams as filters for workforce management schedules. For more information about work teams, see Work teams overview.
- In the upper right corner of the Schedules view, click the Business Unit/Work Teams control next to the management unit list.
- Select Work Teams.
- From the work teams list, select a work team.
Audit historical schedule changes
The audit log viewer enables you to view changes to a workforce management schedule and the date that those changes occurred. Access the audit log viewer from the footer on each Genesys Cloud Admin page. In workforce management, the audit log viewer displays schedules IDs and the action taken; for example, added, published, updated, or deleted.
|Status||The current state of the last load-based schedule generation (Completed, Canceled, Failed), or an estimate of how much of the schedule generation is complete.|
|Start Date||The date the load-based schedule begins.|
|Number of Weeks||The total number of weeks in a specified schedule.|
|Type||The type of schedule created during the last scheduling attempt.|
|Generation Start Time||The date and time the schedule was generated.|
|Completion Time||The date and time the schedule generation was completed.|
|Description||The description of the schedule, if the administrator added it.|
|Generation Started By||The name of the administrator that generated the schedule.|
|Generation Results||Click to open a list of warnings compiled from the schedule generation.|
The Schedules list displays a maximum of 26 weeks prior and 26 weeks forward from the earlier of the current week or the last week in which a schedule exists. Use the search feature to find schedules, including those outside the +/- 26-week window. If you create many schedules per week, you may have to search for schedules between the 6–26 week range both in the future and the past.
Open the Generate Schedule dialog box and choose the schedule start week, the number of weeks for the schedule (maximum of 6) and the scheduling method to use: Create schedule with forecast, Create schedule without forecast, Create a blank schedule.
Note: Schedules with a forecast can be generated from the short-term forecast portion of any forecast that is marked as “Available for Schedule” as long as the date range fully overlaps with the short-term weeks of the forecast. The Generate Schedule view only lists forecasts where the Short-Term Weeks within the forecast completely overlap the Schedule Duration. For example, a six-week schedule must align with a forecast that has the short-term forecast for the same six weeks. A four-week schedule must fall within a four, five, or six week portion of the short-term portion of a forecast.
Each column contains a search text box or a list of options by which to filter the items. Depending on your view, locate the category by which you want to filter and do one of the following:
|Refresh||Refresh the list of displayed schedules.|
|Start Date||The schedule’s start date. Click the date to open a schedule.|
|Number of Weeks||The total number of weeks in a specified schedule.
|Published||Indicates whether the schedule is published.|
|Date Created||The date and time that the schedule was created. The schedule may or may not be published.|
|Date Modified||The last date and time that the schedule was modified.|
|Modified By||The name of the person who last modified the schedule.|
|Description||Descriptive information about the schedule, if entered.|
|Generation Results||Displays generation warnings for the selected schedule.|
|Short-Term Forecast||If a short-term forecast is associated with the schedule, it appears here. Click the link to open a specified forecast.|
|Delete all selected||When you select one or more schedules, the Delete all selected option appears. Click it to remove the schedules.|
|More||Click this button and from the menu that appears, select Show/Hide Columns or Reset Defaults. These options allow you to add or hide more columns, or reset the view to default settings.|
|Navigate the schedule editor||Learn about the options and views available in the schedule editor.|
|Generate a schedule from a forecast||Generate a schedule from a previously created forecast.|
|Generate a schedule without a forecast||Generate a schedule without a forecast and select the shift start and shift length.|
|Add a blank schedule||Generate a blank schedule for a specific week and add agents to it.|
|Edit a schedule||Perform various tasks related to the selected schedule.|
|Copy a schedule||Create an identical copy of an existing schedule, and optionally make more modifications.|
|Publish the schedule||Publish the schedule and optionally add informational details.|
|View the agent schedule||Learn how agents access and view their schedules in the Agent dashboard.|
|Delete a schedule||Permanently remove a schedule from the list. You cannot undo this action.|