Transfer a call
- Transfer to queue: Routing > Queue > View OR Routing > Queue > Search assigned to any user role
There are two ways to transfer a call to another person or a queue:
- Blind transfer: Transfer a call without speaking to the intended recipient.
- Consult transfer: Transfer a call after speaking to the intended recipient.
- From the Calls panel, click the down arrow and select Transfer.
- Type the phone number in the field and press Enter. Alternatively, begin typing a name and select the intended person or queue from the list of suggestions.Note: Use the full phone number. Genesys Cloud does not support extension-only numbers.
- Click Blind.The call disappears from your active calls, and Genesys Cloud sends it to the recipient.Note: If you perform a blind transfer to a queue, Genesys Cloud remembers the skills-based information applied to the original call by default. You can strip all skills from a blind transfer in the organization settings.
- From the Calls panel, click and select Transfer.
- Type the phone number in the field and press Enter. Alternatively, begin typing a name and select the intended person or queue from the list of suggestions.
- Click Consult.Genesys Cloud places the first participant on hold while it connects with the recipient.
- Do one of the following:
- If the intended recipient answers and agrees to the transfer, click Transfer.
- If the intended recipient does not answer or does not agree to the transfer, click to cancel the transfer.
- If further consulting between all three participants is necessary before transferring, click All.
Note: Calls transferred to external parties remain connected through Genesys Cloud. These connections result in two call legs: one from the original caller to Genesys Cloud and the other from Genesys Cloud to the transfer recipient. These two call legs can incur charges until one side disconnects.