Transfer an ACD call without speaking to the intended recipient
Use a blind transfer to transfer an ACD call directly to another user, number, external contact, or queue without talking to the intended recipient:
- From the current call, above the Interaction Details, click Transfer .
- In the Transfer window, begin to type a name and from the list, select the person or queue that you want to transfer the interaction to.
- To see all suggestions, click All .
- To filter by Genesys Cloud users, click Users .
- To filter by queues, click Queues .
- To filter by External Contacts, click External Contact .
- The All tab shows the sum of the initial results for the Users, Queues, and External Contacts tabs.
- If the person you want to transfer the call to has more than one phone number, then to select the number that you want, click More .
- If you transfer the interaction to a queue, the interaction waits in the queue for the next available agent.
- If you transfer an ACD call to a queue, Genesys Cloud remembers both the priority and the skills-based information applied to the original call. You can change that behavior in organization settings. For more information, see Strip skills from voice interactions on blind transfers by agents.
- Genesys Cloud transfers the call to the number, person, or queue and sends you to after call work.