Consult with the intended recipient before transferring a call
Use consult transfer to talk with the intended recipient before transferring a call.
- From the current call, click Consult Transfer.
- Type in the number you want to transfer the call to and press Enter.
Alternatively, start typing the name of the user, external contact, or queue that you want to transfer the call to. Select the user, external contact, or queue from the suggestions displayed.
- Click Consult.
Genesys Cloud connects to the selected recipient and places the original call on hold.
- To take the original call off hold when the selected recipient answers, click for that call.
- To complete the call, use the consult transfer controls:
- To place one of the participants on hold, select the Hold icon beside that participant. While on hold, you and the other participant cannot hear the held participant. The held participant cannot hear you or the other participant and instead hears hold music.
- To connect all three participants in a conference call before transferring, clear all Hold icons.
Note: You cannot hold both participants at the same time.
- To stop the transfer and disconnect the intended transfer recipient, select the End Call icon beside the intended recipient.
- To disconnect the original call, select the End Call icon beside the original call.
Transfer the call to the intended recipient. After the call transfers to the person or queue, Genesys Cloud sends you into after call work.
Mute yourself so the other participants cannot hear what you are saying. You can hear the other participants.