Make a conference call
- Communicate – User default role
- A selected phone
To create an immediate conference call, invite other users to join an active call. While on a conference call, you can mute someone, place them on hold, or disconnect them.
As long as more than one party remains in the conference, the conference call persists even when the person who started the call leaves. When one party remains, the conference ends. Conference calls can have a maximum of 20 participants.
A conference call including more than two users in your organization automatically opens a chat room in the Calls panel. The chat room also appears in the Chat panel in Personal Groups.
- To open the Calls panel, click Calls.
- Click Dialpad.
- Type the name or phone number of an attendee in the box and press Enter.
- Repeat the previous step until you have added all the users and numbers you want.
- To start the conference call, click Start Conference.
- To end the call by clicking the End Call button.
- Click an unselected call.
- Click More and select Merge. Note: You can also drag and drop the calls to make a conference call.
- When a call is in progress, click and select Add Participant.
- Start to type a name or phone number in the Enter Names and Numbers field; Genesys Cloud displays contacts that match the entered characters. Click a contact from the list, or continue typing the full number and press Enter.
- Click Call .
To place all participants in the conference on hold, click Hold. Click Hold again to reconnect with the conference participants.
- Hover over the icon of the participant you want to place on hold. The view changes to display options you can make to the participant’s interaction.
- Click Hold to prevent the caller from speaking to or hearing other participants.
- Click the Hold button again to allow the caller to participate in the conference call.
- Hover over the icon of the participant you want to mute. The view changes to display options you can make to the participant’s interaction.
- To prevent other callers from hearing the selected participant speak, click the Mute button.
- Click the Mute button again to allow other to hear the caller.
- Hover over the icon of the participant you want to remove. The view changes to display options you can make to the participant’s interaction.
- To end the call with the selected participant, click End Call.
To disconnect all participants from the conference call, click End Call.