Do not contact lists view
Use this view to manage do not contact (DNC) list entries. A DNC list is a data source of telephone numbers that a campaign should not dial. When a campaign selects records from its contact list, numbers which match entries in any DNC source assigned to that campaign are excluded from dialing. A campaign may have multiple DNC entries assigned to it. A DNC entry may be assigned to multiple campaigns.
Just-in-time DNC scrubbing helps an organization stay compliant with legislative requirements. Before placing calls, telephone numbers are compared with the latest data in DNC sources, to ensure that restricted numbers are blocked. A DNC entry has no effect on dialing unless it is assigned to a campaign.
Three types of DNC entries are supported:
- Internal—administers can create an internal DNC list by uploading a file of telephone numbers. These numbers are commonly acquired from state and federal agencies, purchased from third-party providers, or created from in-house corporate records.
- Gryphon—integrates Outbound Dialing with just-in-time DNC scrubbing provided by Gryphon Network Corporation’s web service. To use this feature, a subscription with the provider is required. To set up an account with Gryphon Networks Corparation, browse to http://www.gryphonnetworks.com/contact. As a prerequisite, you must obtain a license key from Gryphon Networks Corporation. Your key uniquely identifies you as a client, and authorizes your right to use their service.
- DNC.com—integrates Outbound Dialing with just-in-time DNC scrubbing provided by Contact Center Compliance Corporation’s web service. To use this feature, a subscription with the provider is required. To set up an account with Contact Center Compliance Corporation, browse to http://dnc.com/content/contact-us. As a prerequisite, you must obtain a Login Id from Contact Center Compliance (dnc.com). Your Id uniquely identifies you as a client, and authorizes your right to use their service.
Columns in the DNC Lists view
|Check Boxes||By checking boxes in the first column, administrators select items for processing by an action such as edit or delete.|
The name of the list is a hyperlink. When clicked, it opens properties of the list.
To filter selections in the list:
Indicates the type of DNC source.
This column lists the division each list is assigned to. If a DNC list is not assigned to a custom division, it belongs to the Home division by default. See About Access Control and Divisions overview.
To sort this view, click the Name column. The caret in the Name heading indicates whether the column sorts in ascending or descending order. In addition, you can filter the list to display a subset of records.
- To filter by Name, type all or part of a name in the search box.
- To filter by Type, type all or part of Internal, DNC.com, or Gryphon in the filter box.
- To filter by Division, type all or part of division name in the Division box.