Series: Find, view, and link external contacts
Find, view, and link a contact
The following permissions:
- To associate contact to an interaction: Externalcontacts > Conversation > Associate
- To view interactions based on division: Analytics > AgentConversationDetail > View (for agents)
- To view interactions based on division: Analytics > ConversationDetail > View (for admins and supervisors)
- To view interactions for a contact across all divisions: Externalcontacts > Conversation > Viewall (for admins and supervisors)
- To create a contact: Externalcontacts > Contact > Add
- To view a contact: Externalcontacts > Contact > View
- To update a contact: Externalcontacts > Contact > Edit
- To delete a contact: Externalcontacts > Contact > Delete
- To see a contact's journey: Externalcontacts > Session > View
- To promote an auto-created contact to a curated contact (Add to contacts): Externalcontacts > Identity > Promote
- To merge an auto-created contact to an existing curated contact: Externalcontacts > Identity > Merge
Single customer view
Single customer view is a capability enhancement in External Contacts. It allows different identifiers, such as email address, phone number, web ID, to be associated under the one contact record and links conversations across channels in Genesys Cloud.
Keep these considerations in mind:
- You can merge three types of contact records: Two identified contacts, an identified contact with an ephemeral contact, or either an identified or ephemeral contact with a curated contact. For more information, see What types of contacts can I merge?
- You can promote an ephemeral, or temporary, contact to curated contact status. For more information, see How do I promote an ephemeral contact to a curated contact?
- You can add an email address, phone number, or other communication channel to an existing External Contact. For more information, see How do I add or merge a communication channel to an existing External Contact?
Find, view, and link a contact
When an interaction begins, Genesys Cloud searches for a matching contact and, if found, links it for you. If Genesys Cloud finds no match, it creates a temporary contact.
To certify that Genesys Cloud found the right contact record, do the following:
- Accept an interaction.
- Confirm whether Genesys Cloud linked the correct contact:
- If Genesys Cloud correctly linked the contact, continue with the interaction.
- If Genesys Cloud linked an incorrect contact, continue to Step 3.
- If Genesys Cloud failed to link a contact, proceed to Step 4.
- Click More and Unlink Contact.
- Search for the correct contact.
- Confirm whether your search found the correct contact.
- If your search found the correct contact, to link the interaction to the existing contact’s profile, click Select Contact.
- If your search failed to find the correct contact, to add a new contact, to close the list, click Remove and then click Create New Contact.
For more information and examples that show how single customer view impacts External Contacts, see External contact management scenario examples.