Test data actions for integrations
You can test data actions for the data actions integrations.
- Test draft custom actions for validation or execution errors. For more information, see Create a custom action.
- Test published custom actions for help debugging issues.
- Test static actions to see if the action works as expected with your CRM.
- Test custom auth actions to see what information the action returns. For more information, see How to use the User Defined (OAuth) credential type and Workflow for the User Defined (OAuth) credential type.
- On the Setup page, click the Test tab. For more information, see Manage actions for integrations.
Test runs various operations to check for errors.
- Under Input, add information for the fields that appear.
These fields are defined in the Input Contract. For custom actions, if you completed the Input Contract but no fields appear here, then refresh your browser. For more information, see Add contracts to custom actions.
- Keep Flatten output selected.
This selection flattens the data returned from the Output Contract. For more information, see Add contracts to custom actions.Note: Most Genesys Cloud applications use flattened data.
- Click Run Action.
The action executes in test mode, which reports test results at each operation. The test stops after the first failure. For more information about failures, see Data action fails during testing.Information about the AWS Lambda and web services data actions integrations and Google Cloud Functions
- Running the action hits your AWS Lambda function, your Google Cloud Functions, or your external web service.
- The test execution of a data action that calls Google Cloud Functions converts the stringified JSON response to JSON.
- If testing returns errors for items that are correct, such as “Invalid JSON” for correct JSON, the transfer encoding that your web service and Genesys Cloud uses could be incompatible. For more information, see Custom action fails for unexpected reason.
For more information about the integrations, see About the data actions integrations.