Select and configure the PureCloud WebRTC phone
- Conversation > Call > Add permission (included in the Communicate – User role)
- A PureCloud WebRTC phone created for you by a telephony administrator
The PureCloud WebRTC phone allows you to make and receive calls using the PureCloud app and WebRTC technology. You do not need a physical phone or a downloaded softphone to call with the PureCloud WebRTC phone.
Note: Genesys supports the PureCloud WebRTC phone in the desktop app and in the web app with the supported browsers as noted in the PureCloud system requirements.
Select the PureCloud WebRTC phone as your phone
- From the sidebar, click Calls to open the Calls panel. If you do not currently have a phone selected, the Calls icon is red.
- Click Phone Details.If you have not selected a phone, the Phone Details icon appears red with an .
- Type the PureCloud WebRTC phone name in the Search for phone field.
- Select your phone from the suggestions displayed.Note: Only users with telephony admin permissions can create a PureCloud WebRTC phone. Contact your IT department or administrator if you do not have a PureCloud WebRTC phone assigned.
Configure the PureCloud WebRTC phone settings
- From the Calls panel, select Settings.
- Enable the Placing calls with another app? feature if you want to make and answer calls in a third-party application. Note: Close other browser app instances when making and answering calls in a third-party application. If you require other instances, disable this feature in those instances.
- Under Audio Controls, select your audio profile, or use your computer’s default settings.
- To test and adjust the output volume, click Device Volumes and then Sound. You can also access Sound preferences in User settings.
- If you have problems with a call, click Run diagnostics to check your microphone, connectivity, and throughput for problems. If the test finds no issues, contact your IT department for more help.
Note: For the best phone experience, use a high-quality phone headset with your computer. Use your normal computer audio settings to adjust your audio.