Select and configure the PureCloud WebRTC phone
- Conversation > Call > Add permission (included in the Communicate – User role)
- A PureCloud WebRTC phone created for you by a telephony administrator
The PureCloud WebRTC phone allows you to make and receive calls using the PureCloud app and WebRTC technology. You do not need a physical phone or a downloaded softphone to call with the PureCloud WebRTC phone.
Select the PureCloud WebRTC phone as your phone
- From the sidebar, click Calls to open the Calls panel. If you do not currently have a phone selected, the Calls icon is red.
- Click Phone Details.If you have not selected a phone, the Phone Details icon appears red with an .
- Type the PureCloud WebRTC phone name in the Search for phone field.
- Select your phone from the suggestions displayed.Note: Only users with telephony admin permissions can create a PureCloud WebRTC phone. Contact your IT department or administrator if you do not have a PureCloud WebRTC phone assigned.
Configure the PureCloud WebRTC phone settings
- From the Calls panel, select Settings.
- Enable the Placing calls with another app? feature if you want to make and answer calls in a third-party application. Note: Close other browser app instances when making and answering calls in a third-party application. If you require other instances, disable this feature in those instances.
- Under Audio Controls, select your audio profile, or use your computer’s default settings.
- To test and adjust the output volume, click Device Volumes and then Sound. You can also access Sound preferences in User settings.
- If you have problems with a call, click Run diagnostics to check your microphone, connectivity, and throughput for problems. If the test finds no issues, contact your IT department for more help.