PureCloud system requirements
The system requirements detail the browsers, operating systems, hardware, and other components supported by PureCloud.
- 64-bit operating system
- 4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB RAM recommended)
- Dual-core processor
- 400 MB hard drive space (required to install the desktop app)
- For the desktop app, one of the following operating systems:
- Mac OS — two versions previous to the current release
- Windows— 7, 8, and 10
- For the web app: Any desktop operating system that meets the other system requirements and can install a supported web browser, such as Linux and Chrome OS.
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Genesys recommends against multiple simultaneous logins to the same PureCloud account. For example, the same account logged in to multiple tabs or browsers, the same account logged in to the desktop app and in a browser, or the same account logged in to different computers at the same time. For more information, see the FAQ Why do multiple concurrent PureCloud logins cause problems?
- Genesys recommends that PCs exceed the minimum system requirements when WebRTC voice, video, or third-party, resource-intensive software is used.
- Some antivirus software runs real-time inspection on HTTPS and audio packets, and may lower the audio quality of WebRTC.
- For PureCloud embedded clients, the minimum system requirements are based on the host or browser running the client, and vary based on the implementation. For more information, see Browser requirements for the PureCloud embedded clients.
PureCloud telephony supports VDI only when using physical phones. Genesys does not support VDI technology along with the WebRTC web-based phone nor the PureCloud SIP softphone.
|Desktop||Physical phone||WebRTC phone||PureCloud softphone|
|Virtual Desktop||Yes||Not supported||Not supported|
PureCloud screen recording
PureCloud does not support screen recording in VDI configurations.
Supported web browsers
Chrome — Requires current release or one version previous to the current release.
Firefox — Requires current release or one version and one ESR release previous to the current release.
- Firefox scripts may not load unless AdBlocker or AdBlockPlus are disabled.
Safari — Requires one version previous to current release
- Video chat not supported
- Screen sharing not supported
- PureCloud WebRTC web-based phone not supported
- Voicemail playback requires WebM plugin
- View faxes not supported
Video chat is supported in the desktop and browser apps but has additional requirements and specifications.
We recommend the following bandwidth for each quality setting:
- High Definition (HD): 1mbps – 2mbps per connected user in the video chat
- Medium Definition: 500kbps – 1mbps per connected user in the video chat
- Low Definition: 100kbps – 500kbps per connected user in the video chat
- Voice Only: 32kbps – 150kbps per connected user in the chat
Video chat specifications
- Five maximum participants
- Browser app: a camera that is a recognized video device by your browser
Screen sharing specifications
Screen sharing is available for Chrome, Firefox, and the desktop app.
- Desktop app only shares the default monitor. The ability to select a specific screen or window to share is not available at this time.
- Chrome allows you to share a screen, a specific window, or your entire desktop. To support screen sharing, Chrome requires the PureCloud Screen Sharing Helper add-on.
- Firefox allows you to choose the window you want to share, but it does not have an option for sharing the entire screen at this time. Screen sharing support for Firefox versions earlier than 39 requires the PureCloud Screen Sharing Helper add-on.
The recommended minimum screen resolution for workforce management user interfaces is 1366 x 768. Even though workforce management administrator user interfaces (forecast editor, schedule editor, intraday monitoring, etc.) can function at 1024 x 768, they are optimized for 1366 x 768.
|Supported devices||Operating system requirements|
|iPhone and iPad||One version previous to the current iOS|
|Android device||Android 4.4 and above|
|Supported devices||Operating system requirements|
|iPad||One version previous to the current iOS|
For download information, see Mobile apps.
The PureCloud user interface is available in these languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Thai (beta)
The table below lists PureCloud's current language support for:
- Speech recognition (ASR)
- Text-to-speech (TTS)
- IVR system prompts
- Estimated wait time (EWT), position in queue (PIQ), and caller collect input verification
- Telephony user interface (TUI)
For a list of supported call analysis languages for outbound campaigns, see Supported call analysis regions.
|Language||Region||Language tag||IVR system prompts||EWT, PIQ, and caller collect input verification||TUI||Speech recognition||Text-to-speech|
|Chinese||Simplified - People's Republic of China||zh-CN||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Traditional - Hong Kong S.A.R.||zh-HK||✓||✓|
(Beta: TUI, speech recognition, and text-to-speech)
- Due to language model size, when Japanese is enabled PureCloud currently allows English as the only other language in the org. To request Japanese language support for your organization, please contact PureCloud Customer Care.
- Support for Thai is limited and under active translation, but will be generally available in a future release.
Keep in mind the following:
- ASR and TTS are provided by proprietary technology. PureCloud does not currently support third party vendors.
- PureCloud's IVR system audio files are contained in a library of provided prompts that can be used "out of the box" or updated by the flow author. These prompts cover standard sets of data, including dates, monetary, numbers, ordinals, and some phrases used by features for error handling (speech recognition errors).
- Analytics and keyword spotting are not currently available in PureCloud.
PureCloud supports specific dialects with ASR and TTS for spoken words. However for written words, all varieties of a given language, such as US and British English, use the same UI localization. Currently, the default standard is the US format (for example, DD/MM/YYYY and 12-hour clock), but future releases will include support for various date-time formats and "start of week" settings applicable to various subregions.
|January 15, 2020||
Added Desktop app requirements section.
|January 6, 2020||
Added note about requirements for PureCloud embedded clients in the System requirements section.
|December 11, 2019||
Clarified note on Chrome and Firefox automatic updates.
|December 4, 2019||
Removed support for Internet Explorer 11. For more information, see Deprecation: Internet Explorer 11 support for web app and Architect.
|July 24, 2019||
Clarified Chrome and Firefox version support.
|June 26, 2019||
Added information about operating system requirements for the web app.
|May 8, 2019||
Added a section that explains PureCloud’s position on Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) support.
|March 6, 2019||
Added Internet Explorer support information for Performance Dashboards.
|September 26, 2018||
Added link to FAQ to the multiple simultaneous logins recommendation note in System requirements section.
|August 8, 2018||
Added multiple simultaneous logins recommendation note in System requirements section.
|July 25, 2018||
Added VDI note in System requirements section notes.
Fixed typo in System requirements section notes.
|June 27, 2018||Added Revision history table.|
|June 21, 2018||Corrected supported languages section.|
|June 20, 2018||Added supported languages section.|
|June 14, 2018||
Reorganized the layout of the article using collapsible sections. Worked extensively with PureCloud testing and development to verify and update all requirements.
Updated the following in system requirements: 64-bit operating system, Mac OS supported versions, Windows supported versions, RAM requirements, and processor requirements. Included desktop app requirements in system requirements.
Updated the following in supported web browsers: moved Safari from full support to limited support and added a link to verify your browser.
Updated the following in mobile app requirements: reorganized the information into a table, updated the iOS version requirements for PureCloud Collaborate, and added requirements for PureCloud Supervisor.
|June 7, 2018||
Title of article changed to PureCloud system requirements.
RAM requirements updated.