Move from the PureCloud Softphone to the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone
- Telephony > Plugin > All permission
Moving from the PureCloud Softphone to the WebRTC phone is a straightforward procedure and has several advantages.
WebRTC is built into Genesys Cloud and works in a standard browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge Chromium), so there is no need to install and maintain additional software. Your agents can continue to use their existing USB headsets, so there are no additional hardware costs.
To move to the WebRTC phone:
- Make sure that you have the required ports and services for WebRTC open on your firewall.
- Create a WebRTC phone trunk.
- Create and configure the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone.
- Select the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone for your station.
- Verify your WebRTC configuration. For more information, see Troubleshooting in the About WebRTC article.
- Uninstall the PureCloud Softphone software.
For more information about the WebRTC phone, see About WebRTC.