Select and configure the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone
- Conversation > Call > Add permission (included in the Communicate – User role)
- A Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone created for you by a telephony administrator
The Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone allows you to make and receive calls using the Genesys Cloud app and WebRTC technology. You do not need a physical phone or a downloaded softphone to make and receive calls with the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone.
Select the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone as your phone
- From the sidebar, click Calls. The Calls panel opens. If you do not currently have a phone selected, the Calls icon is red.
- Click Phone Details. If you have not selected a phone, the Phone Details icon appears red with an .
- Type the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone name in the Search for phone field.
- From the displayed suggestions, select your phone.Note: Only users with telephony admin permissions can create a Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone. If you do not have an assigned Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone, contact your IT department or administrator.
Configure the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone settings
- From the Calls panel, select Settings.
- To make and answer calls in a third-party application, enable Placing calls with another app?. Note: When you make and answer calls in a third-party application, close other browser app instances. If you require other instances, disable this feature.
- Under Audio Controls, select your microphone and speaker. For more information, see Create a new audio profile
- To test and adjust the output volume, click Device Volumes, and then click Sound. You can also access Sound preferences from User settings.
- If you have problems with a call, click Run diagnostics to check your microphone, connectivity, and throughput for problems. If the test finds no issues, contact your IT department for help.