Script designers create instructions, called scripts, to help agents process interactions. Scripts display editable records and directions to each agent that handles a particular type of interaction. Scripts present agents with details about the caller or contact, often with fields for collecting or updating information. Properly designed scripts ensure consistent handling of interactions.
Script design tasks
As a script designer, your common tasks include:
- Develop written instructions for agents to follow. Plan the content, navigation flow, and layout of pages in the script.
- Compose script pages, previewing and saving as needed to perfect the design.
- Publish scripts to make them available for use by outbound campaigns, inbound Architect call flows, email interactions, and chat interactions.
- Work with outbound dialing administrators to assign scripts to campaigns.
- Modify or delete scripts when business requirements change.
- Save component templates, which are parts of a script page that you can reuse in other pages or scripts.
- Save script templates, which allow new scripts to inherit the design of an existing script.
Types of scripts
A script designer can customize a script for many purposes.
For example, an inbound script can use information that Architect passes to it. When an agent receives a call, the script can display pertinent information about the caller, such as data looked up in the IVR call flow, based on the caller’s telephone number or account number. In this scenario, the Architect call flow passes control to a specific script.
Outbound dialing campaigns often use scripts. Once you publish and assign a script to a campaign, it pops on the agent’s display for each campaign interaction. The script displays details about the contact. It tells the agent what to say and provides the controls and input fields for processing the call. An outbound script displays information from a contact list and later updates that contact record with information that the agent collects.
- Script designers can also make scripts to use with email interactions, web chat interactions, and other interactions.
Displays list of previously saved scripts. From the scripts page, you can:
Displays a list of scripts saved as templates so that you can create new scripts based on an existing design. From the templates page, you can: