Port DID numbers in bulk
- Genesys Cloud Voice Admin role
When you are porting 500 or more DID numbers into Genesys Cloud Voice, you have to use one of our large batch porting processes rather than entering individual numbers using the Port In DID Numbers feature. You can use the port DID numbers by email procedure or you can use the port DID numbers in bulk procedure described in this article.
To port DID numbers into Genesys Cloud Voice using the bulk procedure, you download a specially formatted .csv file template and add your numbers to it. You then use the Port DID Numbers in Bulk option to upload your .csv file.
Each .csv file can hold a maximum of 500 numbers. So for example, if you have 1000 numbers you want to import, you have to use two .csv files, each with 500 numbers. Likewise, if you have 550 numbers you want to import, you have to use two .csv files – one with 500 numbers and one with 50 numbers.
Contact your existing carrier
Before you submit a request to port numbers to Genesys Cloud Voice, you must work with your existing carrier to determine what information you need from them to begin the port procedure. Having that information beforehand ensures a smooth transition between your existing carrier and Genesys Cloud Voice. Failure to do so, can result in delays.
Our support technicians are committed to activating your numbers in Genesys Cloud Voice as quickly as possible. However, it is important that you understand that the actual activation is restricted to the hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday thru Friday.
There is no fee for the number porting operation. However, once the numbers are ported into Genesys Cloud Voice, you will incur any non-recurring charge (NRC), Monthly recurring charge (MRC), and usage fee associated with having your numbers in Genesys Cloud Voice. For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice pricing.
The Genesys Cloud Voice number porting process is specifically designed for voice service numbers. Any SMS services present on ported numbers will not be automatically transferred along with voice service. In fact, the SMS services will likely be disrupted by the port process.
If you would like to transfer your SMS service to Genesys Cloud along with your voice service, you need to take additional steps after you initiate the porting process. To begin, when you respond to your port submission confirmation email, please use Reply All and add a note to your message informing the team that you would like to port your SMS service along with the voice service. Our team will then begin the SMS service porting process. SMS services can typically transfer 3-5 days after the voice port, during which time SMS will not be available on the number.
If you would like your SMS service to remain with your current carrier, you will need to contact them after the voice port is complete and request that they reconnect the SMS service to the number.
Download the template
- Click Admin.
- Under Genesys Cloud Voice, click Number Management.
- On the Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management page, click the Port Numbers button and select DID.
- In the Port DID Numbers in Bulk section, click Download Template to access the .csv template.
Add numbers to the template
Using a text editor, enter your numbers using the e.164 format and the restriction codes exactly as described in the template.
Upload your .csv file
- In the Port DID Numbers in Bulk section, click Browse, locate the .csv file, and click Open. The .csv file uploads in the background.
- You must select or create a location containing the address that Genesys Cloud provides to emergency services in the event an emergency services call is made.
- To use an existing location, select it from the Location list.
- To create a new location, click Create a location in the instructions.
When you click Create a location, you are prompted to fill in the Add Location form.
- In the Name box, type the location name that you want to appear on user profiles.
- To select a photo for the location, click Choose File. Then select an image file that represents the location on user profiles. You can use any .jpeg, .png, or .gif file. The maximum file size is 10 MB.
- In the Site Contact box, search for a member of your organization and select their name when it appears in the list.
- In the Address box, type the location’s street address.
- Continue specifying the location address by filling in the City, State/Province/Region, and Zip/Postal Code boxes.
- In the Country list, select your country.
- In the Notes box, type any additional information about this location.
- Click Save.
- In the Activation Date and Time box, specify when the ported numbers become active. Note: You can use a 15-minute window for the activation time. For example, you can specify 1:00 p.m. or 1:15 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. or 1:45 p.m.
- In the Email box, type the email address Genesys can use to contact you for questions.
- In the Contact Phone Number box, type a phone number that Genesys can use to contact you for questions. Do not include spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. Click the flag icon and select the country in which the contact phone number exists.
- In the Letter of Authorization Localization panel:
- Select a Country.
- If a Letter of Authorization is available in multiple languages for your country, select the language from the Language list.
- In the Authorized Contact Name box, type your name or the name of the person who is responsible for the request.
- In the Company Name box, type your company name exactly as it appears on the bill from your current DID service provider.
- In the Billing Address boxes, type your billing address exactly as it appears on the bill from your current DID service provider.
- Click Confirm.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, read through and accept the terms and conditions.
- For questions or follow-up on your submission, email PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com.
- Snapbacks may not be accepted, so it is crucial that you confirm all porting information before submitting your request.