Port DID numbers in bulk
- Genesys Cloud Voice Admin role
When you are porting 100 or more DID numbers into Genesys Cloud Voice, you have to use one of our large batch porting processes rather than entering individual numbers using the Port In DID Numbers feature. You can use the port DID numbers by email procedure or you can use the port DID numbers in bulk procedure described in this article.
To port DID numbers into Genesys Cloud Voice using the bulk procedure, you download a specially formatted spreadsheet template and add your numbers to it. You then use the Port DID Numbers in Bulk option to upload your spreadsheet.
Each spreadsheet can hold a maximum of 100 numbers. So for example, if you have 200 numbers you want to import, you have to use two spreadsheets, each with 100 numbers.
Likewise, if you have 150 numbers you want to import, you have to use two spreadsheets-one with 100 numbers and one with 50 numbers.
Download the template
- Click Admin.
- Under Genesys Cloud Voice, click Number Management.
- On the Genesys Cloud Voice Number Inventory page, click the Port Numbers button and select DID.
- In the Port DID Numbers in Bulk section, click Download Template to access the spreadsheet template.
- Add your numbers to the spreadsheet template.
- Open the .csv file in a spreadsheet application.
- Enter your numbers exactly as described in the template.
- Save the .csv file.
To upload your spreadsheet
- In the Port DID Numbers in Bulk section, click Browse, locate the .csv file, and click Open. The spreadsheet uploads in the background.
- You must select or create a location containing the address that Genesys Cloud provides to emergency services in the event an emergency services call is made.
- To use an existing location, select it from the Location list.
- To create a new location, click Create a location in the instructions.
When you click Create a location, you are prompted to fill in the Add Location form.
- In the Name box, type the location name that you want to appear on user profiles.
- To select a photo for the location, click Choose File. Then select an image file that represents the location on user profiles. You can use any .jpeg, .png, or .gif file. The maximum file size is 10 MB.
- In the Site Contact box, search for a member of your organization and select their name when it appears in the list.
- In the Address box, type the location’s street address.
- Continue specifying the location address by filling in the City, State/Province/Region, and Zip/Postal Code boxes.
- In the Country list, select your country.
- In the Notes box, type any additional information about this location.
- Click Save.
- In the Activation Date and Time box, specify when the ported numbers become active. Note: You can use a 15-minute window for the activation time. For example, you can specify 1:00 pm or 1:15 pm or 1:30 pm or 1:45 pm.
- In the Email box, type the email address Genesys can use to contact you for questions.
- In the Contact Phone Number box, type a phone number that Genesys can use to contact you for questions. Do not include spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. Click the flag icon and select the country in which the contact phone number exists.
- In the Letter of Authorization Localization panel:
- Select a Country.
- If a Letter of Authorization is available in multiple languages for your country, select the language from the Language list.
- In the Authorized Contact Name box, type your name or the name of the person who is responsible for the request.
- In the Company Name box, type your company name exactly as it appears on the bill from your current DID service provider.
- In the Billing Address boxes, type your billing address exactly as it appears on the bill from your current DID service provider.
- Click Confirm.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, read through and accept the terms and conditions.