Port DID numbers by email
- PureCloud Voice Admin role
When you are porting 100 or more DID numbers into PureCloud Voice, you have to use one of our large batch portings processes rather than entering individual numbers using the Port In DID Numbers feature. You can use the port DID numbers in bulk procedure or you can use the port DID numbers by email procedure described in this article.
To port DID numbers into PureCloud Voice using the email procedure, you download as specially formatted spreadsheet template and add your numbers to it. You then send the spreadsheet, by email, to our support technicians.
Unlike the port DID numbers in bulk procedure, the spreadsheet that you use for the port DID numbers by email procedure can contain more than 100 numbers.
To port DID numbers into PureCloud Voice, perform the appropriate tasks for your country.
- Compile a list of the phone numbers that you want to port.
Download the appropriate spreadsheet template and enter all phone numbers. The spreadsheet templates include instructions for providing the required information.
- Complete a Letter of Authorization (LOA) form.
The LOA form is a fillable .pdf. Save the .pdf to your hard disk and then using a PDF reader (such as Adobe Reader), fill in the required information. You must electronically sign and lock each LOA form. We will reject any unlocked forms.Note: Complete both the DID Number Porting Template and the DID Number LOA. It is imperative that all information match exactly with what the current carriers have on record per location. If you are unsure, ask your carriers for a Customer Service Record (CSR), also known as Services and Equipment list. This list can serve as the official record of information to put on the LOA form. If there are multiple locations or multiple carriers, complete a DID LOA form for each location or carrier.
- Email the LOA form and the spreadsheet to PCVoiceTelcoRequest@genesys.com.
When our system receives your email request, it automatically creates a support request ticket and our support technicians handle your request during our normal business hours: M-F 8 AM – 5 PM EST. Keep in mind that while our support technicians process your port request within 24 hours of receipt, it could take up to 10 days to confirm an exact port date.
- Set up and remove forwarding for phone numbers you plan to port to PureCloud Voice (optional).
- After you provision DID numbers from PureCloud Voice, contact your carrier to request that they forward these numbers to the PureCloud Voice numbers.
- Once the porting process is complete, work with your carrier to unassign and disconnect forwarding.
- Snapbacks may not be accepted, so it is crucial that you confirm all porting information before submitting your request.
- Activation is restricted to 8 AM – 7 PM ET M-F