Port toll-free numbers
- PureCloud Voice Admin role
PureCloud provides automated support for porting toll-free numbers that you manage with your current carrier into PureCloud Voice. You can enter individual numbers or you can use our downloadable template to port numbers into the system in bulk.
The following procedure describes how to port toll-free numbers. This procedure works best when you have a few numbers to port. To port many toll-free numbers, use the bulk number porting feature. For more information, see Port numbers in bulk.
- Click Admin.
- Under PureCloud Voice, click Number Management.
- On the PureCloud Voice Number Inventory page, click the Port Numbers button and select Toll-Free.
- In the Toll-Free Numbers to Port box, select the country for which you want to port numbers. Then type the first toll-free number that you want to port in to PureCloud Voice.
- Type the numbers with no spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. For example: 8885551212.
- To specify an extra number, press Enter or click Add.
- From the Restrict to Calls From list, select the country or region from which you want to allow inbound calls.
- Only from US
- From US and Canada
- From US and Caribbean
- From US, Canada and Caribbean
- If you are entering more than one toll-free number, you can select the same restriction for all the numbers you enter. Next to the first number, from the Restrict to Calls From list, select the restriction. Then, under Same restrictions for all porting number, click Yes.
- In the Activation Date and Time box, specify when the ported numbers become active.
- Activation requires a minimum notice of 72 hours. For example, if you submit a port request on a Thursday, the next available activation date is Monday.
- You can use a 15-minute window for the activation time. For example, you can specify 1:00 pm or 1:15 pm or 1:30 pm or 1:45 pm.
- In the Authorized Contact Name box, type your name or the name of the person who is initiating the request.
- In the Company Name box, type your company name exactly as it appears on your bill.
- In the Billing Address boxes, type the billing address associated with your current toll-free service provider.
- In the Email box, type the email address Genesys can use to contact you for questions.
- In the Contact Phone Number box, type a US or Canada phone number. Do not include spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. Click the flag icon and select the country in which the contact phone number exists.
- From the Letter of Authorization Localization list, select your country. If a Letter of Authorization is available in multiple languages for your country, select the language you would prefer to receive in the Language list.
- Click Confirm.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, read through and accept the terms and conditions.