Port toll-free numbers
- PureCloud Voice Admin role
PureCloud provides automated support for porting toll-free numbers that you manage with your current carrier into PureCloud Voice. You can enter individual numbers or you can use our downloadable template to port numbers into the system in bulk.
The following procedure describes how to port toll-free numbers. This procedure works best when you have a few numbers to port. To port many toll-free numbers, use the bulk number porting feature. For more information, see Port toll-free numbers in bulk.
To port your numbers
- Click Admin.
- Under PureCloud Voice, click Number Management.
- On the PureCloud Voice Number Inventory page, click the Port Numbers button and select Toll-Free.
- In the Toll-Free Numbers to Port box, select the country for which you want to port numbers. Then type the first toll-free number that you want to port in to PureCloud Voice.
- Type the numbers with no spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. For example: 8885551212.
- To specify another number, press Enter or click Add additional number.
- From the Restrict to Calls From list, select the country or region from which you want to allow inbound calls.
- Only from US
- From US and Canada
- From US and Caribbean
- From US, Canada and Caribbean
- If you are entering more than one toll-free number, you can select the same restriction for all the numbers you enter. Next to the first number, from the Restrict to Calls From list, select the restriction. Then, under Same restrictions for all porting number, click Yes.
- Skip over the Port Toll Free Numbers in Bulk option.
- You must select or create a location containing the address that will be provided to emergency services in the event that someone calls emergency services.
- To use an existing location, select it from the Location list.
- To create a new location, click Create a location in the instructions.
When you click Create a location, you be prompted to fill in the Add Location form.
- In the Name box, type the location name that you want to appear on user profiles.
- To select a photo for the location, click Choose File. Then select an image file that represents the location on user profiles. You can use any .jpeg, .png, or .gif file. The maximum file size is 10 MB.
- In the Site Contact box, search for a member of your organization and select their name when it appears in the list.
- In the Address box, type the location’s street address.
- Continue specifying the location address by filling in the City, State/Province/Region, and Zip/Postal Code boxes.
- In the Country list, select your country.
- In the Notes box, type any additional information about this location.
- Click Save.
- In the Activation Date and Time box, specify when you want the ported numbers to become active.
Note: You can use a 15-minute window for the activation time. For example, you can specify 1:00 pm or 1:15 pm or 1:30 pm or 1:45 pm.
- In the Email box, type the email address that Genesys can use to contact you for questions.
- In the Contact Phone Number box, type a phone number that Genesys can use to contact you for questions. Do not include spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. Click the flag icon and select the country in which the contact phone number exists.
- In the Letter of Authorization Localization panel:
- Select a Country.
- If a Letter of Authorization is available in multiple languages for your country, select the language from the Language list.
- In the Authorized Contact Name box, type your name or the name of the person who is responsible for the request.
- In the Company Name box, type your company name exactly as it appears on the bill from your current toll-fee service provider.
- In the Billing Address boxes, type your billing address exactly as it appears on the bill from your current toll-fee service provider.
- Click Confirm.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, read through and accept the terms and conditions.