Port DID numbers
- Genesys Cloud Voice Admin role
Genesys Cloud provides automated support for porting DID numbers that you manage with your current carrier into Genesys Cloud Voice. If you have less than 100 DID numbers that you want to port into Genesys Cloud Voice, use the procedure described in this article. If you have more than 100 or more DID numbers that you want to port into Genesys Cloud Voice, use one of our large batch porting processes. For more information, see Port a large batch of DID numbers.
There is no fee for the number porting operation. However, once the numbers are ported into Genesys Cloud Voice, you will incur any Non-recurring charge (NRC), Monthly recurring charge (MRC), and usage fee associated with having your numbers in Genesys Cloud Voice. For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice pricing.
To port your numbers
- Click Admin.
- Under Genesys Cloud Voice, click Number Management.
- On the Genesys Cloud Voice Number Inventory page, click the Port Numbers button and select DID.
- In the DID Numbers to Port box, select the country for which you want to port numbers. Then type the first DID number that you want to port in to Genesys Cloud Voice.
- Type the numbers with no spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. For example: 3175551212.
- To specify another number, press Enter or click Add another number.
- Skip over the Port DID Numbers in Bulk option.
- Select or create a location that contains the address Genesys Cloud provides to emergency services if someone calls emergency services.
- To use an existing location, select it from the Location list.
- To create a new location, click Create a location in the instructions.
When you click Create a location, the system prompts you to fill in the Add Location form.
- In the Name box, type the location name that you want to appear on user profiles.
- To select a photo for the location, click Choose File. Then select an image file that represents the location on user profiles. You can use any .jpeg, .png, or .gif file. The maximum file size is 10 MB.
- In the Site Contact box, search for a member of your organization and select their name when it appears in the list.
- In the Address box, type the location’s street address.
- Continue specifying the location address by filling in the City, State/Province/Region, and Zip/Postal Code boxes.
- In the Country list, select your country.
- In the Notes box, type any additional information about this location.
- Click Save.
- In the Activation Date and Time box, specify when you want the ported numbers to become active.
Note: You can use a 15-minute window for the activation time. For example, you can specify 1:00 PM or 1:15 PM or 1:30 PM or 1:45 PM.
- In the Email box, type the email address that Genesys can use to contact you for questions.
- In the Contact Phone Number box, type a phone number that Genesys can use to contact you for questions. Do not include spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. Click the flag icon and select the country in which the contact phone number exists.
- In the Letter of Authorization Localization panel:
- Select a Country.
- If a Letter of Authorization is available in multiple languages for your country, select the language from the Language list.
- In the Authorized Contact Name box, type your name or the name of the person who is responsible for the request.
- In the Company Name box, type your company name exactly as it appears on the bill from your current DID service provider.
- In the Billing Address boxes, type your billing address exactly as it appears on the bill from your current DID service provider.
- Click Confirm.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, read through and accept the terms and conditions. For more information, see Accept terms and conditions (port numbers).