Port DID numbers
- Genesys Cloud Voice Admin role
Genesys Cloud Voice is an Internet-based telephony service that you can activate for use with your Genesys Cloud organization. It provides public telephony access to any Genesys Cloud services to which you subscribe. Genesys Cloud provides automated support for porting DID numbers that you manage with your current carrier into Genesys Cloud Voice.
When porting DID numbers into Genesys Cloud Voice, you need to pay attention to the following restrictions.
500 number limit
The automated port procedure for DID is limited to 500 numbers. If you have fewer than 500 DID numbers that you want to port into Genesys Cloud Voice, use the procedure described in this article. If you have 500 or more DID numbers that you want to port into Genesys Cloud Voice, use one of our large batch porting processes. For more information, see Port a large batch of DID numbers.
Our support technicians are committed to activating your numbers in Genesys Cloud Voice as quickly as possible. However, it is important that you understand that the actual activation is restricted to the hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday thru Friday.
On specific holidays, DID number porting is unavailable.
|New Year's Day (observed)||January 2, 20231|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||January 16, 2023|
|Presidents' Day||February 20, 2023|
|Good Friday||April 7, 2023|
|Memorial Day||May 29, 2023|
|Juneteenth||June 19, 2023|
|Independence Day||July 4, 2023|
|Labor Day||September 4, 2023|
|Columbus Day||October 9, 2023|
|Election Day||November 7, 2023|
|Veterans Day||November 10, 2023|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 23, 2023|
|Day after Thanksgiving||November 24, 2023|
|Christmas Eve (observed)||December 25, 2023|
|Christmas Day (observed)||December 26, 2023|
Contact your existing carrier
Before you submit a request to port numbers to Genesys Cloud Voice, you must work with your existing carrier to determine what information you need from them to begin the port procedure. Having that information beforehand ensures a smooth transition between your existing carrier and Genesys Cloud Voice. Failure to do so, can result in delays.
There is no fee for the number porting operation. However, once the numbers are ported into Genesys Cloud Voice, you will incur any non-recurring charge (NRC), Monthly recurring charge (MRC), and usage fee associated with having your numbers in Genesys Cloud Voice. For more information, see Genesys Cloud Voice pricing.
The Genesys Cloud Voice number porting process is specifically designed for voice service numbers. Any SMS services present on ported numbers will not be automatically transferred along with voice service. In fact, the SMS services will likely be disrupted by the port process.
If you would like to transfer your SMS service to Genesys Cloud along with your voice service, you need to take additional steps after you initiate the porting process. To begin, when you respond to your port submission confirmation email, please use Reply All and add a note to your message informing the team that you would like to port your SMS service along with the voice service. Our team will then begin the SMS service porting process.
If you would like your SMS service to remain with your current carrier, you will need to contact them after the voice port is complete and request that they reconnect the SMS service to the number.
To port your numbers
- Click Admin.
- Under Genesys Cloud Voice, click Number Management.
- On the Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management page, click the Port Numbers button and select DID.
- In the DID Numbers to Port box, select the country for which you want to port numbers. Then type the first DID number that you want to port in to Genesys Cloud Voice.
- Type the numbers with no spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. For example: 3175551212.
- To specify another number, press Enter or click Add another number.
- Skip over the Port DID Numbers in Bulk option.
- Select or create a location that contains the address Genesys Cloud provides to emergency services if someone calls emergency services.
- To use an existing location, select it from the Location list.
- To create a new location, click Create a location in the instructions.
When you click Create a location, the system prompts you to fill in the Add Location form.
- In the Name box, type the location name that you want to appear on user profiles.
- To select a photo for the location, click Choose File. Then select an image file that represents the location on user profiles. You can use any .jpeg, .png, or .gif file. The maximum file size is 10 MB.
- In the Site Contact box, search for a member of your organization and select their name when it appears in the list.
- In the Address box, type the location’s street address.
- Continue specifying the location address by filling in the City, State/Province/Region, and Zip/Postal Code boxes.
- In the Country list, select your country.
- In the Notes box, type any additional information about this location.
- Click Save.
- In the Activation Date and Time box, specify when you want the ported numbers to become active.
Note: You can use a 15-minute window for the activation time. For example, you can specify 1:00 PM or 1:15 PM or 1:30 PM or 1:45 PM.
- In the Email box, type the email address that Genesys can use to contact you for questions.
- In the Contact Phone Number box, type a phone number that Genesys can use to contact you for questions. Do not include spaces, dashes, or parentheses between the digits. Click the flag icon and select the country in which the contact phone number exists.
- In the Letter of Authorization Localization panel:
- Select a Country.
- If a Letter of Authorization is available in multiple languages for your country, select the language from the Language list.
- In the Authorized Contact Name box, type your name or the name of the person who is responsible for the request.
- In the Company Name box, type your company name exactly as it appears on the bill from your current DID service provider.
- In the Billing Address boxes, type your billing address exactly as it appears on the bill from your current DID service provider.
- Click Confirm.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, read through and accept the terms and conditions. For more information, see Accept terms and conditions (port numbers).
- For questions or to follow-up on your submission, contact Genesys Cloud Voice support.
- Snapbacks may not be accepted, so it is crucial that you confirm all porting information before submitting your request.