Open faxes from an email
- Conversation > One Number Fax > Receive permission
- Conversation > Fax > Send permission
Genesys Cloud sends you an email notification when you receive a fax directly and after you have sent a fax.
- If you are a Genesys Cloud user in a HIPAA-compliant organization, you will not receive email notifications for faxes but you will continue to receive in-app notifications for new faxes. You can view faxes by accessing your inbox.
- There is a compatibility issue with Microsoft Outlook version 15.27 for Mac 2016 that creates an issue when you forward an email to another user. If you experience this issue when you forward an email notification to another user, update to the latest version of Outlook.
To see the fax:
- Open your email.
- Open the .pdf file attached to the email message.Note: If the attachment is over 5 MB, it will not be attached to the email. You can still view the fax in Genesys Cloud.