FAQs: Communicate for Android
What is the difference between Genesys Collaborate for Android and Genesys Communicate for Android?
Collaborate is a chat application that allows you to collaborate with your business colleagues, and Communicate is a telephone application that allows you to call your colleagues, partners, and customers from virtually anywhere.
Can I search for and call Genesys Cloud External Contacts with Communicate for Android?
Yes, you can use Communicate for Android to search for and call your organization’s External Contacts.
Why do I only see five results when I search my contacts?
To avoid an overwhelming number of results, Communicate for Android displays the first five search results. To see all matching results, tap See All.
When I make an outbound call with Communicate for Android, what number does the recipient see?
The recipient sees the Genesys Cloud phone number instead of the number of the device.
Can I receive contact center interactions with Communicate for Android?
No. Communicate for Android is a mobile app for Genesys Cloud business users.
What does it mean to place calls with another app? Should I enable that option in Phone Settings for the desktop or web app if I want to place calls with Communicate?
This option allows you to make calls with third-party-applications. Communicate is not a third-party app. Do not enable this option for use with Communicate.
Can I silence the ringer for Communicate for Android?
Yes. Incoming calls for Communicate appear as notifications. To silence the ringer, consult the notification documentation for your device.
Where can I download Collaborate for Android?
You can download Collaborate for Android from the Google Play store. Search for Genesys Cloud Collaborate.
For more information about the Genesys Cloud desktop app, see the Genesys Cloud Resource Center.
How can I check for available updates for Collaborate for Android?
To check your version of Collaborate for Android, do the following:
- Tap Menu and select Help. If an update is available, an upgrade link appears.
- To go the Google store and install the new version, tap An upgrade is available! Download now.
What happens if I sign in to both Collaborate and Communicate and then sign out of one?
When you sign out of either Collaborate or Communicate for Android, Genesys Cloud signs out of the other application as well.
How do I log in to Communicate for Android?
To log in to Communicate for Android, follow these steps:
- From the Regions list, select your organization’s region.
- Tap Choose.Note: If you have more than one browser installed, Communicate may ask you to select the browser you want to use.
- Enter your email address and password, and tap Log In. Alternatively, if your administrator enables single sign-on (SSO), click More Login Options, enter your organization name, and authenticate with the identity provider, for example, OneLogin.
How do I log out of Communicate for Android?
To log out of Communicate for Android, tap Menu and then Logout.
- If your organization uses email address and password authentication, your browser may briefly load to log you out of Genesys Cloud.
- If your organization uses SSO authentication, your browser may briefly load to log you out and remove your existing access token for Genesys Cloud. However, your SSO provider authentication remains, which prevents the need to supply your credentials the next time you open Genesys Cloud. To disable this authentication completely, log out of your SSO provider in your selected browser.
Why do I get a session expired message?
Sessions are not permanent and they expire for security reasons. When you receive the message, log back in to the app.
The default session timeframe for an authenticated user on the mobile apps is eight days. You cannot customize this value. Orgs under HIPAA governance may enforce expirations at 15 minutes of inactivity, superseding the default timeout.
What are the requirements for Communicate for Android?
To use Communicate for Android, you must have the following:
- A WebRTC phone, assigned as your default phone
- A browser that supports Chrome Custom Tabs
And the following permissions:
- Conversation > Call > Add (to add a call)
- Conversation > Call > Record (to record a call)
- Conversation > Call Forwarding > Edit (to configure automatic call forwarding)
- Conversation > Conference > Add (to create an ad hoc conference)
- Conversation > One Number Fax > Receive (to enable one number fax)
- Mobile > Communicate > View (to access the Communicate apps)
- Pushnotification > Registration > All (to create, view, and delete a registration)
- Voicemail > Voicemail > Receive (to receive voicemail)
How can an admin deny a user access to the Collaborate mobile app?
To prevent a user's access to the Collaborate mobile app, remove the Mobile > Collaborate > View permission.
Can I set my Genesys Cloud presence with Communicate?
No. You cannot set your presence in Communicate. However, if you are unconnected with any other Genesys Cloud app, you appear as Available while Communicate is active. If you switch to another app or you lock your device, you appear offline.
With Communicate for Android, what do I receive notifications for and how?
Communicate for Android notifies you of incoming calls.
How do I change my ringtone for Communicate for Android?
Genesys provides a default ringtone sound for Android Communicate. However, you can control the sounds that you assign to your app’s notification channels and can customize the sounds.
To set the notification sound for Android Communicate, follow these steps:
- Open the Android Settings app and tap Apps.
- Select Communicate and tap Notifications.
- Tap Genesys Cloud Communicate Incoming Call Notifications. If needed, tap Notification categories.
- Tap Sound.
- Select the sound that you want.Note: Device makers can change these instructions without notice. When in doubt, refer to your device’s instructions.
Where can I get the official Genesys Cloud Communicate ringtones?
Download the Genesys Cloud Communicate ringtones.