FAQs: Communicate for Android
What is the difference between Genesys Collaborate for Android and Genesys Communicate for Android?
Collaborate is a chat application that allows you to collaborate with your business colleagues, and Communicate is a telephone application that allows you to call your colleagues, partners, and customers from virtually anywhere.
Can I search for and call Genesys Cloud External Contacts with Communicate for Android?
Yes, you can use Communicate for Android to search for and call your organization’s External Contacts.
Why do I only see five results when I search my contacts?
To avoid an overwhelming number of results, Communicate for Android truncates search results to five. To see all matching results, tap See All.
When I make an outbound call with Communicate for Android, what number does the recipient see?
The recipient sees Genesys Cloud phone number instead of the number of the device.
Can I receive contact center interactions with Communicate for Android?
No. Communicate for Android is a mobile app for Genesys Cloud business users.
What does it mean to place calls with another app? Should I enable that option in Phone Settings for the desktop or web app if I want to place calls with Communicate?
This option allows you to make calls with third party-applications. Communicate is not a third-party app. Do not enable this option for use with Communicate.
Can I silence the ringer for Communicate for Android?
Yes. Incoming calls for Communicate appear as notifications. To silence the ringer, consult the notification documentation for your device.
Where can I download Collaborate for Android?
You can download Collaborate for Android from the Google Play store. Search for Genesys Cloud Collaborate.
For more information about the Genesys Cloud desktop app, see the Genesys Cloud Resource Center.
How can I check for available updates for Collaborate for Android?
To check your version of Collaborate for Android, do the following:
- Tap Menu and select Help.
If an update is available, an upgrade link appears.
- To go the Google store and install the new version, tap An upgrade is available! Download now.
What happens if I sign in to both Collaborate and Communicate and then sign out of one?
When you sign out of either Collaborate or Communicate for Android, Genesys Cloud signs you out of the other as well.
How do I log in to Communicate for Android?
To log in to Communicate for Android, follow these steps:
- From the Regions list, select the region in which your organization was created.
- Tap Choose.Note: If you have more than one browser installed, Communicate may ask you to select the browser you want to use.
- Enter your email address and password, and tap Log In.
Alternatively, if your administrator enables single sign-on (SSO), click More Login Options, enter your organization name, and authenticate with the identity provider, for example, OneLogin.
How do I log out of Communicate for Android?
To log out of Communicate for Android, tap Menu and then Logout.
- If your organization uses email address and password authentication, you may notice your browser briefly load to log you out of Genesys Cloud.
- If your organization uses SSO authentication, you may notice your browser briefly load to log you out and remove your existing access token for Genesys Cloud. However, your SSO provider authentication remains, which prevents the need to supply your credentials the next time you open Genesys Cloud. To disable this authentication completely, you must log out of your SSO provider in your selected browser.
Why do I get a Session Expired message?
Sessions are not meant to be permanent, and they expire for security reasons. When you receive the message, log back in to the app.
What are the requirements for Communicate for Android?
To use Communicate for Android, you must have the following:
- A WebRTC phone, assigned as your default phone
- A browser that supports Chrome Custom Tabs
And the following permissions:
- Conversation > Call > Add (to add a call)
- Conversation > Call > Record (to record a call)
- Conversation > Call Forwarding > Edit (to configure automatic call forwarding)
- Conversation > Conference > Add (to create an ad hoc conference)
- Conversation > One Number Fax > Receive (to enable one number fax)
- Mobile > Communicate > View (to access the Communicate apps)
- Pushnotification > Registration > All (to create, view, and delete a registration)
- Voicemail > Voicemail > Receive (to receive voicemail)
How can an admin deny a user access to the Collaborate mobile app?
To prevent a user's access to the Collaborate mobile app, remove the Mobile > Collaborate > View permission.
Can I set my Genesys Cloud presence with Communicate?
No. You cannot set your presence in Communicate; however, if you are not logged in with any other Genesys Cloud app, you appear as Available while Communicate is active. If you switch to another app or you lock your device, you appear to be logged off.
With Communicate for Android, what do I receive notifications for and how?
Communicate for Android notifies you of incoming calls.