Move from the PureCloud Softphone to a generic SIP softphone
- Telephony > Plugin > All permission
Moving from the PureCloud Softphone to a generic SIP softphone, or even a generic SIP hardware phone, is a straightforward procedure because any SIP-compliant phone can register with Genesys Cloud as an unmanaged phone using the generic SIP phone base settings profile. This profile contains a group of generic settings that define how any SIP-compliant phone (softphone or hardware phone) operates in Genesys Cloud. After you create the base settings profile, you can create multiple phone profiles that all use the same base settings profile.
To move to a generic SIP phone:
- Make sure that you have the ports and services required by your generic SIP phone open on your firewall.
- Create the base settings profile for a generic SIP phone.
- Create a generic SIP phone.
- Select the generic SIP phone for your station.
- Uninstall the PureCloud Softphone software.