Create base settings for a generic SIP phone
Any SIP-compliant phone can register with Genesys Cloud as an unmanaged phone using the generic SIP phone base settings profile. This profile contains a group of generic settings found on the Base Phone and Base Line Appearance tabs that define how a SIP-compliant phone is to operate in Genesys Cloud. Once you configure the base settings , you can save them with the default settings or you can customize the settings.
After you create base settings for a generic SIP phone, you can Create a generic SIP phone.
Configure the base phone
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Phone Management.
- Click the Base Settings tab.
- Click Create New and the Base Phone tab appears.
- Type a name in the Base Settings Name field.
- From the Phone Make and Model list, select Generic SIP.
- Leave Standalone Features set to Off unless you are creating a base settings configuration for conference room phones. See Enable standalone features.
- Perform one of the following:
- To use the default base phone settings, click Save Base Settings and proceed to the Configure the base line appearance section of this article
- To customize the base phone settings, proceed to the Customize the base phone section of this article.
Customize the base phone
- In the Phone Configuration panel, click the arrow to expand the section containing the settings you want to customize.
|Use Secondary Edge||
Configure the phone to be able to access a secondary Edge.
The default setting is Disabled. When you enable this setting, you may have to manually configure the SIP phone to point the primary proxy to the primary Edge and secondary proxy to the secondary Edge. See your SIP phone documentation for information on how to configure proxy settings.
|Message Waiting Indicator||
Use this setting to configure how the Message Waiting Indicator (MWI), the light that blinks to indicate that the user has a new voicemail.
The Message Waiting Indicator has three options:
|Property Name||The name to assign to the custom property.|
|Data Type||The data type for the custom property.|
|Value||The value to assign the custom property.|
- To use the custom base settings, click Save Base Settings and proceed to the Configure the base line appearance section of this article
Configure the base line appearance
- Click the Base Line Appearance tab.
- Perform one of the following:
- To use the default base line appearance settings, click Save Base Settings.
- To customize the base line appearance settings, proceed to the Customize the base line appearance section of this article.
Customize the base line appearance
- In the Configuration panel, click the arrow to expand the section containing the settings you want to customize.
|Calls Per Line||The number of calls that this line can handle.|
|Persistent Connection Settings||
When the persistent connection feature is disabled, Genesys Cloud must create a connection for every call.
When you enable the persistent connection feature and set a timeout value, you improve Genesys Cloud’s ability to process subsequent calls. More specifically, calls that come in while the connection is still active are immediately alerted via the UI or are auto answered if Auto Answer feature is configured for the user.
|Enable Persistent Connection||
Disabled (Default): Do not use persistent connection feature.
Enabled: Turn on persistent connection feature.
|Persistent Connection Timeout||Sets the amount of time, in seconds, that the open connection can remain idle before Genesys Cloud automatically closes it.|
|Max Bindings||Specifies the maximum number of bindings.|
|Digest Authentication||When outbound requests are challenged with digest authentication, use the following credentials:|
The user name pushed down to the phone that changes the password on the administrative account for the physical phone menus.
|Password||The password pushed down to the phone that changes the password on the administrative account for the physical phone menus. By default the password is masked, but you can select the Show Password check box to see the password in plain-text.|
|Auto-Conference Settings||When this setting is enabled, and if a call is already connected or held at the station, a conference is created between the new incoming call and the existing call. An announcement of the new call is played to the existing call before the conference is established.|
Off (Default): Do not use auto-conference settings.
On: Use the following fields to specify the auto-conference settings.
|Auto-Conference PIN||Required number to join a conference.|
|Language||Speech language selected to use for the conference voice menu.|
- To use the custom base line appearance settings, click Save Base Settings.
- Once you have created base settings for a generic SIP phone, you can Create a generic SIP phone.