Series: Find, view, and verify external contacts
Contact verification overview
The following permissions:
- External Contacts > Conversation > Associate
- External Contacts > Contact > View
- External Contacts > External Organization > View
When an interaction begins, Genesys Cloud automatically attempts to verify the contact:
- If Genesys Cloud finds a single match, it auto-verifies the contact.
- If Genesys Cloud finds more than one matching contact, it prompts the agent to select the correct contact.
- Genesys Cloud attempts auto-verification based on different information depending on the interaction channel:
- For voice interactions, Genesys Cloud uses the phone number.
- For email interaction, Genesys Cloud uses the email address.
- For web chat interactions, Genesys Cloud uses the email address, if supplied. If the email address is not available, Genesys Cloud uses the phone number. If either the email address or the phone number search results in a single match, Genesys Cloud auto-verifies the contact. If neither email address nor phone number is supplied, Genesys Cloud searches for the name entered. If that search results in a single match, Genesys Cloud shows the profile, and the agent can verify it. For more information about configuring web chat fields, see the Developer Center.
- For messaging interactions, Genesys Cloud uses the messaging ID. If Genesys Cloud cannot auto-verify with the messaging ID, Genesys Cloud attempts to search for the contact name. If the search results in a single match, Genesys Cloud shows the profile, and the agent can verify it.
- Newly created or updated contacts can take several minutes to appear in the agent view for inbound interactions.
- External contacts data from Salesforce is read-only. You cannot modify it in Genesys Cloud.
- If configured, agents can access additional information for a contact by clicking View Contact in External System.
Contact verification and message channel identifiers
Genesys Cloud captures message channel identifiers for messaging interactions.
- If you cancel verification, Genesys Cloud doesn’t remove the message channel identifier.
- If an existing external contact modifies some part of their social channel information and starts a new message interaction, Genesys Cloud prompts the agent to update the external contact record with the new information.