Search for a contact
If Genesys Cloud automatically links an incorrect contact for your interaction, you can search for the correct contact.
- Unlink the contact.
- In the contact panel, click Search contacts.
- To remove any contact that you do not want to include in the search, in the search box click Remove .
- Type the contact’s information in the box. You can search by many types of criteria including name, email address, phone number, and so on. Note: Genesys Cloud converts valid phone numbers to E.164 format. To search for a term without the conversion, enclose the term in quotation marks. For example, to search for account ID 8005551212, enter the following:
- View the matching contacts in the list.Note: Newly created or updated contacts could take several minutes to appear in the agent view for inbound interactions.
- To view the details of a contact, click the arrow beside the name.
- To see more results, click See More Results.
- When you find the correct contact, click Link Interaction.
Important: To build the interaction history for a contact and organization, remember to always link the contact that is associated with an interaction.