Open and play a voicemail
- Voicemail > Voicemail > Receive permission
- Conversation > Call > Add permission
Open voicemail from an email notification
Genesys Cloud sends you an email notification when you receive a voicemail. To listen to the voicemail, open the .wav file that is attached to the email notification.
- If your administrator enables voicemail transcriptions for your organization, your notification includes a transcript of the voicemail content.
- You receive transcriptions in the language that you selected for Genesys Cloud. For more information, see User settings.
- Depending on the length of the voicemail, a transcription can take a few minute to process.
- If your administrator enables voicemail notifications for your HIPAA-enabled organization, you receive email notifications of new voicemail messages.
- Voicemail notifications for HIPAA-enabled orgs do not contain personally identifiable information (PII).
- Because email transcriptions can include PII, Genesys Cloud does not provide transcriptions in voicemail notifications for HIPAA-enabled organizations.
- The .wav files for longer voicemail messages can exceed 10 MB. If a voicemail message causes the email notification to exceed 10 MB, Genesys Cloud does not attach the recording. Instead, you receive a message that the attachment is too large. You can listen to the voicemail in your inbox.
Open voicemail from your inbox
- Access your voicemail box.
- Click the voicemail that you want to play.
Note: The Group icon indicates that messages are group messages.
- Click Play . The voicemail plays on your default speakers.
Note: To download a message, click Download .