Open and play a voicemail
Feature coming soon: Voicemail transcriptions
- Voicemail > Voicemail > Receive permission
- Conversation > Call > Add permission
Open voicemail from an email notification
Genesys Cloud sends you an email notification when you receive a voicemail. To listen to the voicemail, open the .wav file that is attached to the email notification.
- Genesys Cloud users in HIPAA-compliant organizations continue to receive in-app notifications for new voicemails. To listen voicemails, access your inbox.
- Email notifications are in English even if you select a language other than English.
- If your administrator enables voicemail transcriptions, the email notification includes a transcription of the voicemail content. Depending on the length of the voicemail, transcriptions can take a few minutes to process.
Open voicemail from your inbox
- Access your voicemail box.
- Click the voicemail that you want to play.
Note: The Group icon indicates that messages are group messages.
- Click Play . The voicemail plays on your default speakers.
Note: To download a message, click Download .