Create a site under BYOC Premises
A site is a list of rules for routing calls. Objects such as phones associated with a site share the same rules. When a user makes a call from a phone, the system looks up the site and the call type in order to route the call to the best outbound phone line, or endpoint. Phones that are associated with a site are usually located in the same general area and have the same general purpose.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Sites.
- Click Create New.
- Enter a Site Name.
- From the Location list, select a location for your site.Note: Not all locations can be used for sites. Locations do not appear unless you configure the location as available for sites. To configure availability and a default ANI for the location, complete the Make a location available for sites procedure.
- Select an item from the Time Zone list.
- Use the Managed By switch to choose how to manage this site.
- Click Create Site.
- The Edit Site page appears. Under the General tab, enter a Description if needed.
- Leave the Phone Edge Assignments set to Use this Site.
- Optionally configure Alternate NTP servers.
If you encounter difficulties with the default NTP server specified by the Edge (time.nist.gov) or traffic on port 123 is restricted, use the controls in the NTP Settings section to specify a custom NTP source. To specify a custom NTP source:
- Enter an IP address or an FQDN.
- To specify a port number, append it with a colon (:).
- Click the (+) plus to add the source to the list.
- Leave the Automatic Updates section settings at default. Note: If you don't want to use the default schedule, complete the Schedule Automatic Updates for the Edge software procedure.
- Click Save Site.