Change presence and status
To update your presence, change your status in user settings. For more information about statuses, see Presence, status, and activity indicators.
Change your status in user settings:
- To access user settings, from the sidebar, select your profile picture.
- In user settings, select your status.
- Optionally, if a chevron () follows a status, you can select a secondary status.
- Optionally, if you want to show more information about your status, type a brief note in the What’s on your mind? field. You can also add a custom message from the edit mode in your profile. To remind you that you have entered a custom message, quotation marks appear next to your profile picture in the sidebar. The custom message appears with your presence and status on your profile and throughout Genesys Cloud.
- If you select Out of Office, enter the start date and time, and optionally, the end date and time.
- Click Out of Office .
- Enable Out of Office Status.
- Type or select the Start Date, Start Time, End Date, and End Time. If you don’t want to give an end date, enable Indefinitely?.
- Click Save.
Your Out of Office presence and status appears on your profile and throughout Genesys Cloud. It includes the end date if you entered one.
- When you log on to Genesys Cloud, your default status is Available.
- When you change your status or presence, the change takes effect immediately.
- When you select some statuses, like Busy and Out of Office, Genesys Cloud automatically sends your calls to voicemail. For more information about the types of status and presence, see Presence, status, and activity indicators.
- Genesys Cloud displays activity indicators below your presence. These indicators show when a business user on a call and when an agent is on calls or working other interactions.
- By default, if you lose your connection for less than 60 seconds, Genesys Cloud returns you to the status you had before the disconnect. Your admin can configure your organizations reconnection settings.
- With proper configuration, Genesys Cloud retrieves presence values for SCIM users from external systems like Zoom and Microsoft Teams. When the Genesys Cloud SCIM user is not logged into Genesys Cloud, Genesys Cloud displays the user's external presence throughout Genesys Cloud.