Change presence and status
To update your presence, change your status in user settings. For more information about statuses, see Presence, status, and activity indicators.
To change your status:
- To access user settings, from the sidebar, select your profile picture.
- In user settings, select your status.
Note: When you select some statuses, such as Busy and Out of Office, Genesys Cloud automatically sends your calls to voicemail. For more information about the types of status and presence, see Presence, status, and activity indicators.
Note: When you change your status or presence, the change takes effect immediately.
- Optionally, if a follows a status, you can select a secondary status.
- Optionally, if you want to provide more information about your status, type a brief note in the What’s on your mind? field. You can also add a custom message from the edit mode in your profile.To remind you that you have entered a custom message, quotation marks appear next to your profile picture in the sidebar. The custom message appears with your presence and status on your profile and throughout Genesys Cloud.
- If you select Out of Office, provide the start date and time, and optionally, the end date and time.
- Click Out of Office .
- Enable Out of Office Status.
- Type or select the Start Date, Start Time, End Date, and End Time. If you don’t want to provide an end date, enable Indefinitely?.
- Click Save.
Your Out of Office presence and status appears on your profile and throughout Genesys Cloud. It includes the end date if you provided one.