Use the Prioritized Caller Selection feature to configure caller ID information
The Prioritized Caller Selection feature allows you to configure caller ID information that you want to display to call recipients.
Caller ID sources
There are several configuration pages in Genesys Cloud that can contain caller ID information. You can specify caller ID information by filling in the Caller ID and Caller Name boxes on the following pages:
Caller ID information can also come from a user profile. In this case the Caller ID would be the main Work Phone number in the user profile and the Caller name would be the user name.
- On the Site configuration page, you’ll now find a Caller Name box under the Outbound Calling section. For more information, see the appropriate Create a site article on the About sites page.
- For more information on configuring caller ID in a Queue, see the Edit queue behaviors and thresholds for voice channels section in Edit or delete queues.
- For more information on configuring caller ID in an outbound dialing campaign, see Create a new campaign.
Configure the sources
To help you control how caller ID information is displayed to the call recipient, you can use the Prioritized Caller Selection feature in the Caller section of the Trunks page.
The Prioritized Caller Selection provides you with four locations from which you can pull caller ID information. You can then specify the order in which the you want to pull that caller ID information.
The four locations from which the Prioritized Caller Selection feature can pull caller ID information are:
|Use the Caller ID and Caller Name values specified on the Trunk page
|Call Source (Queue/Campaign/User DID)
|Use the Caller ID and Caller Name values from the call source:
|Use the Caller ID and Caller Name values specified on the Sites page.
Use the extension number and name from the user profile as the caller ID information.
You can add as many or as few of the four locations as you want to use and you can then set their order. Genesys Cloud will use the locations, order, and availability of the Caller ID and Caller Name values in the locations to determine exactly what caller ID information to display to the recipient of the call.
While you can fill in the Caller ID and Caller Name boxes for Trunks, Sites, Queues, and Campaigns they are not required. You can fill in one or both. You can also leave them blank if you want. The locations you choose, the boxes you fill in and the order you set, allow you to design a custom Caller ID and Caller Name display.
For example, if you place This Trunk at the top of the list and it has both Caller ID and Caller Name values, then those values will be used. If you place This Trunk is at the top of the list and only fill in Caller Name value, then Genesys Cloud will move down the list until it finds a Caller ID value. If Site is next in the list and it does have a Caller ID value, then Genesys Cloud uses that value. So, then the caller information will consist of the Caller Name value from This Trunk and the Caller ID value from the Site.
Suppress user name
The User DID and User Extension options will always have both a Caller Name (user name) and a Caller ID (phone number or extension number) values.
If you select Call Source (Queue/Campaign/User DID) as the location and User DID is the call source, or if you select User Extension as the location there may be situations where you need more control over the display of the user name. In those situations, you can use one of the options in the Suppress User Name list.
|Always suppress the user name.
|If no user DID is available
|If the user number is not available, but a user name is available, do not use the user name as the Caller ID.
|If user DID is available
|If both the user number and user name are available, do not use the user name as the Caller ID.
|Never suppress the user name.
Creating a new trunk
When you create a new trunk, for either an External SIP trunk or BYOC Cloud trunk, the default locations for the Prioritized Caller Selection setting are:
- This Trunk
- Call Source ( Queue/Campaign/User DID)
Configure caller ID
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click the External Trunks tab.
- Select the trunk on which you want to configure caller ID information.
- Under the Outbound>Caller ID section, use the Prioritized Caller Selection list to select and prioritize the locations you want to use to build your caller ID information.
- If you select Call Source (Queue/Campaign/User DID) as a location, use the Suppress User Name list to configure how you want to handle display of the user name information.
- Click Save External Trunk.