Create a site under Genesys Cloud Voice
Telephony Admin role with the following permissions:
- Telephony > Plugin > All
- Directory > Organization > Admin
When we create a Genesys Cloud Voice installation for our customers, the automated installation procedure creates a default Site as a part of the process. However, this initial default Site is used in the Genesys Cloud Voice backend and cannot function as an operating Site. Therefore, you must create and configure a new Site. As you do, you must mark this new Site as your default Site. If you don’t, Inbound calls will fail.
Create a site
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Sites.
- Click Create New.
- Type a name into the Site Name box.
- From the Location list, select a location for your site.
- From the Time Zone list, select your time zone.
- Click Create Site.
Configure a site
After you click Create Site, the Edit Site page appears. You’ll see that it contains four tabs titled General, Number Plans, Outbound Routes, and Simulate Call. You’ll continue the initial site configuration on the General tab. For details on the settings and features on the other tabs, see the Related tasks section of this article.
- At the top of the General tab, enter a Description.
- If this site is your initial site, then in the site information panel, click Make this Site my default Site.
Note: You can only set one site as the default site. If you are creating more sites, then do not select Make this Site my default Site until you create all the sites you need.
- Enable Geo-Lookup TURN.
- If you are using WebRTC, you may want to enable the Geo-Lookup TURN feature. The Geo-Lookup TURN feature optimizes the network path for WebRTC calls routed through cloud TURN services. For more information, see Use the Geo-Lookup TURN feature.
- Choose Phone Edge Assignments.
- Click Use these Sites.
- From the Primary Sites list, select Genesys Cloud Voice-XXX, where XXX is the code assigned to your Edge.
- From the Secondary Sites list, select Genesys Cloud Voice-XXX, where XXX is the code assigned to your Edge.
- Click Save Site.