Configure caller ID
The integrations allow users to set caller ID names and phone numbers for outbound calls. Agents can input this information each time they make a call. Or, for consistent caller ID usage across the organization, administrators can globally configure this information in their Genesys Cloud organization.
To use the caller ID functionality, administrators must configure items both in the integration and in Genesys Cloud.
- Enable caller ID in the integration.
- Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework: See enableConfigurableCallerId (Genesys Cloud Developer Center).
- Genesys Cloud for Chrome: See Configure the Genesys Cloud browser extensions.
- Genesys Cloud for Firefox: See Configure the Genesys Cloud browser extensions.
- Genesys Cloud for Salesforce: See Configure call center settings.
- Genesys Cloud for Zendesk: See Configure outbound interactions.
- Configure caller ID information in Genesys Cloud.
- In Genesys Cloud, click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Select the trunk on which you want to configure caller ID information.
- Under the Calling section, use the Prioritized Caller Selection list to select and prioritize the locations you want to use to build your caller ID information. For more information about prioritized caller selection, see Use the Prioritized Caller Selection feature to configure caller ID information.
- If you select Call Source (Queue/Campaign/User DID) as a location, use the Suppress User Name list to configure how you want to handle the display of the user name information.
- Click Save External Trunk.
For more information, see enableConfigurableCallerId (Genesys Cloud Developer Center), Configure the Genesys Cloud browser extensions, Configure call center settings, Configure outbound interactions, Make a call in the client, and External trunk settings.
For more information about the integrations, see About the Genesys Cloud browser extensions, About Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework, About Genesys Cloud for Salesforce, and About Genesys Cloud for Zendesk.