Configure caller ID
The integrations allow users to set caller ID names and phone numbers for outbound calls. Agents can input this information each time they make a call. Or, for consistent caller ID usage across the organization, administrators can globally configure this information in their Genesys Cloud organization.
To use the caller ID functionality, administrators must configure items both in the integration and in Genesys Cloud.
- Enable caller ID in the integration.
- Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework: See enableConfigurableCallerId (Genesys Cloud Developer Center).
- Genesys Cloud for Chrome: See Configure the Genesys Cloud browser extensions.
- Genesys Cloud for Firefox: See Configure the Genesys Cloud browser extensions.
- Genesys Cloud for Salesforce: See Configure call center settings.
- Genesys Cloud for Zendesk: See Configure outbound interactions.
- Configure caller ID information in Genesys Cloud.
- In Genesys Cloud, click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Trunks.
- Click an external trunk. Either enable agent input or global configuration.
- Agent input
- Under Calling, set Address Override Method and Name Override Method to Unassigned DID.
Any name and number that agents input in the client appear to recipients of outbound calls.Note: The integration does not check that that phone numbers are in a particular format or are valid.
- Global configuration
- In the Address box under Calling, enter a phone number that you want to appear as the caller ID number to recipients of all outbound calls.
- In the Name box under Calling, enter a name that you want to appear as the caller ID name to recipients of all outbound calls.
- Set Address Override Method and Name Override Method to Always.
The Address and Name that you input in Genesys Cloud overrides any name and number that agents input in the client.Note: The value returned for Name depends on recipient’s carrier. For more information, see External trunk settings.
- Agent input
- Click Save External Trunk.
For more information, see enableConfigurableCallerId (Genesys Cloud Developer Center), Configure the Genesys Cloud browser extensions, Configure call center settings, Configure outbound interactions, Make a call in the client, and External trunk settings.
For more information about the integrations, see About the Genesys Cloud browser extensions, About Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework, About Genesys Cloud for Salesforce, and About Genesys Cloud for Zendesk.