Test your WebRTC phone settings
Note: This article applies to PureCloud Embeddable Framework, PureCloud for Chrome, PureCloud for Firefox, PureCloud for Salesforce, and PureCloud for Zendesk.
Note: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Safari do not support WebRTC phones.
You can test the settings for your WebRTC phone at the following times:
To test your speakers (Chrome browser users only), click the blue speaker icon. If you hear test tones, then your speakers are working properly. If you do not hear test tones or you encounter other problems, then click Test Settings to check for issues. The client checks for microphone, connectivity, and network throughput issues.
Note: Chrome browser users can select their microphone and speakers. (See image.) Firefox browser users can only select their microphone.
Common issues and solutions
|For issues with...
||Try these solutions...
- Check your microphone's connection.
- Check your microphone's volume and settings on your computer.
- If you have more than one microphone connected to your computer, then use the WebRTC Settings to choose a different microphone.
- Unmute the microphone in the client call controls.
- Close or block other applications from using the microphone.
- Allow your browser to use your microphone.
- Check your speaker's volume and settings on your computer.
- If you have more than one speaker connected to your computer, then use the WebRTC Settings to choose a different speaker
- Close or block other applications from using your speakers.
- If you are connected to a VPN, then disconnect from the VPN.
- Use a wired connection instead of a wireless one.
- Hang up and connect again.
- Inform your IT department of a connectivity problem.
|Placing or receiving calls
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Log out and back in to the client.
If these solutions do not work, then contact your IT department.
For more information, see About phones, Log in to the client, Select a phone, Change your WebRTC phone settings, and Troubleshoot phone issues.
For more information about the integrations, see About the PureCloud browser extensions, About PureCloud Embeddable Framework, About PureCloud for Salesforce, and About PureCloud for Zendesk.