Browser window for WebRTC phones
A separate WebRTC window opens for the following users:
- Genesys Cloud for Salesforce users who use Sales Cloud (or Service Cloud with the Pop WebRTC Phone window setting selected).
- Genesys Cloud for Zendesk users who select the Pop WebRTC Phone window setting.
- Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework.
- Do not close the window (or tab).
- Do not minimize the window.
This window establishes and maintains WebRTC phone connectivity. (When you use a browser in full-screen mode on a computer running macOS, the WebRTC Phone window opens as a tab in your browser.) When you log out or change to a physical phone or softphone, this window (or tab) disappears.
Closing the window (or tab)
If you click inside the WebRTC Phone window (or tab) and then attempt to close the window (or tab), a browser warning appears. If you continue with closing the window, then your WebRTC phone disconnects. The client immediately attempts to open the WebRTC Phone window (or tab) to re-establish connectivity.
Minimizing the window (or tab)
If you minimize the WebRTC Phone window, then the client stops working properly. (For example, you may experience a delay when you answer a call or are unable to answer a call.) Restore the minimized window for the client to function properly.